Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: good action movie

taken 1,2,3 in blu ray no point see that movie in dvd

2. Movies & TV   -   #112
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm fluctuating between you merely lacking taste and you being borderline retarded.So I'm gong to do the fair thing and split and difference and just say that you're a borderline retard with no taste.

Taken 1 was sort of OK for a couple of lines and that it gave Liam Neeson the opportunity to be an action star but Taken 2 was so bad that I have no desire to ever see Taken 3.
    Also a good movie is a good movie regardless of format so I guess that explains your need t see Taken in blu ray.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #113
    'John Wick' starring Keanu Reeves was surprisingly entertaining.

'Taken 3' was ok. It's the same thing as before but keep me out of mischief for an hour and a half.
    Last edited by NP1975; 01-29-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Movies & TV   -   #114
    You have extremely low standards and by "low" I mean none at all.

John Wicks on the other hand was pretty decent but the ovbious low budget and the stupid blood splatter special effect head shots every time he shot anybody was extremely distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathan View Post
    Equalizer is also worth watching.
    Watch Man on Fire and then try to make anyone believe that.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-29-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Movies & TV   -   #115
    Quote Originally Posted by NP1975 View Post
    'Taken 3' was ok.
    Olivier Megaton could not frame or edit an action sequence to save his life. You'd think having been around Besson and Morel, some talent would have rubbed off on the guy. Taken 3's scenes are literally headache and nausea inducing. Guy needs to lay off the adderall before hitting the edit bay.

6. Movies & TV   -   #116
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NP1975 View Post
    'Taken 3' was ok.
    Olivier Megaton could not frame or edit an action sequence to save his life. You'd think having been around Besson and Morel, some talent would have rubbed off on the guy. Taken 3's scenes are literally headache and nausea inducing. Guy needs to lay off the adderall before hitting the edit bay.

Totally agree!

(What is your take cinematography and screenplay wise on "Nightcrawler"...thumbs up, thumbs down or just delete?)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Totally agree!

(What is your take cinematography and screenplay wise on "Nightcrawler"...thumbs up, thumbs down or just delete?)
    Great movie. Gyllenhaal is riveting. Real shame he wasn't nominated. All the nighttime shots look good, reminded me of Michael Mann's night cityscape stuff.

8. Movies & TV   -   #118
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Totally agree!

Great movie. Gyllenhaal is riveting. Real shame he wasn't nominated. All the nighttime shots look good, reminded me of Michael Mann's night cityscape stuff.
    I hesitated on recommending Nightcrawler because I didn't expect others would enjoy it as much as I did. One of those, "Why did you tell me that was good?!?!" kind of shows. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it interesting.

Gyllenhall's performance was quite good, IMO.

Far better than the overly-touted Birdman that I just finished. Well-acted, pretentious well-edited; shit story.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Movies & TV   -   #119
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Far better than the overly-touted Birdman that I just finished. Well-acted, pretentious well-edited; shit story.
    Not being versed in matters theatrical or that thespian soliloquy shit, I think a lot of the movie was lost on me. My takeaway was Ed Norton needs to act in more movies and Emma Stone should eat a sandwich (or 3).

BTW, any reviews that note the film's meta-commentary like it's some kind of profundity are just as annoying as those American Sniper meatheads.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 01-30-2015 at 12:08 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #120
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

I hesitated on recommending Nightcrawler because I didn't expect others would enjoy it as much as I did. One of those, "Why did you tell me that was good?!?!" kind of shows. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it interesting.
    Reprehensible bottom feeding protagonist in a decidedly downbeat movie.Like where do I sign up?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast