Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire At My House Tonight...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Oh the irony... the massive tub full of water is what almost burns the house down.
    IKR. It is like having your swimming pool burn to the ground. Totally unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It's an elevated wooden deck? That must be one sturdy sumbitch to hold a hot tub. Kudos to the builder.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #13
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    OlegL hasn't posted yet, but I am sure his response will be along the lines of...

Think yourself lucky MBM. I still haven't had sex with a beautiful woman.

Anyway, even though I don't know you, I am glad that no one was hurt. Also, think about this scenario. You might have been at home at the time and tried to deal with it yourself. Who knows what outcome that may have produced, and we could now be mourning the departure of one of our more colourful (colorful) characters or their family members.

At the end of the day, it is just a tub, and as long as you and your family are fine, then these things can be replaced. Also, it doesn't matter how bad the damage is, it can never be as bad as OlegL's sex life.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Also, get an engineers report on the cause of the fire. If the spa is faulty, you can probably recover damages from the company that manufactured or installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    So, did you get the marshmallows out?

On a more serious note, you are very lucky that the fire happened when no one was home. Possessions are just possessions and can be replaced, a life can't. I would (if I were you) do something to thank the next door neighbour that alerted the fire brigade, that sort of neighbourhood caring is becoming remarkably rare.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You might have been at home at the time and tried to deal with it yourself. Who knows what outcome that may have produced, and we could now be mourning the departure of one of our more colourful (colorful) characters or their family members.

At the end of the day, it is just a tub, and as long as you and your family are fine, then these things can be replaced. Also, it doesn't matter how bad the damage is, it can never be as bad as OlegL's sex life.
    I spent the day orchestrating between the insurance company, the spa store, and contractors doing the clean-up. I was more rattled by the situation today while looking at pictures of the damage than I was during the actual event. After-the-fact, it is quite concerning the various possibilities that could have happened- while everyone was asleep is the worst one.

Unlike inside the house, outside there are no smoke alarms. The blaze would have had to reached the point of waking one of us before we'd even begin to get everyone gathered... As it was, today's clean-up revealed the deck had just started to burn through in a couple of spots. The concern at the time was the possibility of the fire entering the back wall. In fact, it was burning hottest closest to the glass slider. Had that glass shattered, the flames would have been inside the living room. And, coincidentally, our best access out would have been through the living room.

--------
    The limitation for product liability (at least on this sort of thing, from what I understand) is 12 years. Only makes a difference of $500 in all. We will be getting a 15+ year upgrade on our spa.

@skiz: The firemen also mentioned how well built our deck is. Undoubtedly, they have to climb some rickety ones.

@Art: Most interestingly of all, the neighbor who called it in (promptly) truly believes I killed his cat a few months ago. Seriously. While standing in the gathering crowd, he was going on about how I did exactly that. I can only imagine what his warped mind went through before/after calling.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    So, did you get the marshmallows out?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Aw, man.

Let's all thank our lord the holey jeebus fries for insurance.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I have the perfect present for your neighbour........ A new cat!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Lounge   -   #20
    hope everything is ok

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast