Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sochi 2014

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    We won be the referee screwed the US with that lame slashing penalty in overtime so it was a tainted victory.

Hopefully the two teams will meet in the parking lot and settle it in a street fight like everything should properly be settled.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    That slashing penalty was utter bullshit.

Regardless any penalty in a 4v4 OT makes for an incredibly flukey game. I am in support of having 4v4s for less ties in regular season (or in this case, qualification games) but it's in no way good for a championship game and this game is a perfect demonstration of why.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Just be thankful it didn't end in the abomination that is the shootout.

I don't know whether to blame greed or the US or the European's and their footbawl for the need to have artificially convenient outcomes for sports.
    Just play the fucking game of hockey as God created it and may the best team win or die from exhaustion in the attempt.

We also won Curling so we won the two most or only important Winter Olympic sports.

PS fuck the X Games.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-20-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Wasn't able to watch the game live but I heard Canada outplayed the US in hockey and since Canadia pretty much owns hockey anyway I can't be too disappointed. Someone mentioned that if Canadia lost they'd go insane (see Vancouver riots) but when we lose it's just another friday.

Yesterday's lost still infuriates me though. The definition of refs deciding the game.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    I was hoping a bit that the US would win so Canada would remain less arrogant.Then the Americans started chanting "U.S.A. U.S.A." and I decided nothing Canada does could be as annoying.

If it's any consolation,the Canadian team did the old " just sit back and play defense" at the end and gave the US every chance to win.

I guess they don't like gifts.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    123 Russians in the boring nordic events

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    glad there were no terrorist attacks

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    Happy for Canada's hockey gold

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
    123 Russians in the boring nordic events
    In all honesty,they only seem boring to you because you're a poofy little girl with the attention span of a hyperactive muskrat.

Consider the years of training and the pain endured and strategy of weighing that pain and whatever energy you have left against the scant hope of victory and the rest of the field and then take the Snowboard Half-pipe and shove it directly up your ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123