Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sochi 2014

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    The Sochi Winter Olympics start tomorrow!

I can't speak for those outside the US but NBC will be broadcasting the games on a tape delay. It will also be broadcasted live online if you have a Cable/Satellite subscription.

Interesting article on the safety of the venue chosen for the 2014 games.

To keep things positive, we can revel in the fact that Amurrica will probably sweep the Olympics even harder than last time since it's no longer in that frozen hell hole.

Also most importantly Amurrica will destroy those fucking Canucks and take what was robbed from us in Vancouver in the event that actually matters.
    Last edited by Rart; 02-07-2014 at 12:54 AM.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You mean curling?

I'll watch the cross country skiing because "country" sounds dirty.

And the short track speed skating because at least the midgets are upfront about their drug use.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Looks like the groups have you covered Idol: Winter.Olympics.2014.Cross.Country.Ladies.Skiathlon.HDTV.x264-2HD

I'm waiting for the women's biathlon caps. All prone in their tight little ski suits and rifles.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    The first sweep however is for us, the Dutch. 1-2-3 in speed skating 5k. Nice going.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    I'm not Dutch so "us" would be a misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Looks like the groups have you covered Idol: Winter.Olympics.2014.Cross.Country.Ladies.Skiathlon.HDTV.x264-2HD

I'm waiting for the women's biathlon caps. All prone in their tight little ski suits and rifles.
    Don't ever say "groups" in my vicinity unless you are looking to be met with ridicule.

Unless you mean "investment groups" of course in which case you will only be met with distaste.

Or musical groups and then I suppose my response would be all over the place.

Unless you mean Trance groups in which case I would probably try to find someone to punch in the face.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-08-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Duly noted.

That particular infringement collective seems bent on distributing the games unabridged.

I struggled for a euphemism with more panache. I'm no wordsmith.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Best performance of the Olympics so far:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/rus...ening-ceremony

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    I am interested to see how things pan out with the politics going on in the Russian front.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    So the Winter Olympics continues to morph into a less profitable copy of the X Games.

Personally I would like the bankers in charge to take it even further into outright Red Bull territory,then extend the change into the Summer Games so that we can finally do away with archaic, spectator unfriendly stuff like discus and marathon and replace them with better stuff like airplane racing and cliff diving.

On a less serious note,competitions that are largely subjectively judged (ie Figure Skating,Half Pipe,Slope skiing/snowboard etc) are not so much sport as they are a performance art .
    I suggest the winners don't get Olympic medals and are given Emmys and Tonys instead.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    WTF is that double luge event all about, who on earth decided to suggest that 2 guys in the tightest of Lycra should lie one on top of the other facing up on a tea tray, go shooting down a mountain feet first at 60kph etc, and how awkward is that for the guy underneath, "Is that a pistol in your lycra or are you just excited to feel me on top Henrik?"

Some things just can't be unseen sadly.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast