Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCG Alternative or other Game Site

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I may be wrong here. it was awhile ago and i am cream crackered atm, but didnt altinertia change the way cookies and sessions worked last year, $_SESSION is in the code for the form, which should keep that data in case of a failure but it looks like whatever was changed in the global variables has sent that pear shaped, something to figure out when we get back.

As for the images, 3 ways to do it.

Just hotlink from a outside site www.IGN.com/game.img and it shows it from that site unless they go down or take the image down.

I think for a tracker this is a silly way to do it, especially with 1000 of images and 1000`s of views as you are using their BW for a start, and its not hard to see who is using it from logs etc.

User downloads the image and uploads the image to the tracker server.

Safest way all around, but could be a pita if you have a lot of uploads.

user puts in the url of the image, server grabs that image from external source, puts in on our server.

Funnily enough we had this on our old tracker, DKs tracker in 2004/5 http://web.archive.org/web/200506020...ats-games.com/ this one if you remember it. Easy for the user, but again you are grabbing the image from them so they can trace it.

basically ease of use or security for images, and the form is coded properly, its just not working for whatever reason.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Grabbing the image in Boxart the server takes way too long and at times it gets hanged, I spoke to some people on BCG who used to upload but stopped there and everyone said its a pain in the ass to do the upload on BCG , another example would be if you search something then the text disappears from Text Box

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    Grabbing the image in Boxart the server takes way too long and at times it gets hanged, I spoke to some people on BCG who used to upload but stopped there and everyone said its a pain in the ass to do the upload on BCG , another example would be if you search something then the text disappears from Text Box
    Well that made a spectacular amount of sense.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I've uploaded easily to BCG a number of times for DRM-Free copies of games that were waiting on a Greenlight at Steam. I honestly don't see what the issue or mystery of uploading is at BCG...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Removed
    Last edited by regs8376; 02-13-2014 at 05:05 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    He is back

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    He is back
    BCG has a gender now?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    PRINCE's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    finally back

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Hazardous's Avatar Material
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ^ I hope you are joking , the HTML is pretty screwed up see the div tag there the form does not even have name if upload fails and if you go back all data gets lost , for box art you have to download the image and attach it no url uplinking,

I'm just saying these things because i want BCG to improve as its one of my fav tracker.
    Any tracker can improve their system and polish out the bugs and inconsistencies. Always a noble sentiment and endeavor, however, I am not joking when I think BCG is easier than GGN to upload at. That's MY opinion and my own experience...not to be confused with anyone else's experience.

Furthermore, I personally don't like url linking for torrent images. Too often the links end up dead on older torrents and you get a bunch placeholders and no image. I would much rather take the time to upload an image and make a nice quality torrent than just spam one together for speed sake...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123