Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torrents in the US

mlindsay's Avatar Poster
    I think you should be relatively safe, considering millions of other people are torrenting as well, however if you want to feel more secure you could always invest in a good vpn provider. Some very good providers are less than $ 5.00 a month. That's what I've done, and I feel mostly secure.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I've never received any letters but I stick to my smaller invite only sites if possible. I have friends here that have gotten letters for using public torrent sites for new media, against my advice I might add. Its a numbers game and IMO they go after they easiest infringers they can catch first (read: public sites) and there is no shortage of them around...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I've never received any letters but I stick to my smaller invite only sites if possible. I have friends here that have gotten letters for using public torrent sites for new media, against my advice I might add. Its a numbers game and IMO they go after they easiest infringers they can catch first (read: public sites) and there is no shortage of them around...
    Yep, it's the seeding that gets u eventually,, I was downloading from 2 private sites, still I got hit, now I am up to 6 strikes, gonna change Account name and more Vigilant and cautious where I download from. Public Trackers are a suicidal move
    Last edited by Enlightened; 03-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Certain locations in the U.S. are safer than others. The easiest way to protect yourself is just to get a good VPN service. Don't put it off. Prices start around $40/year. If you can't afford that, well, then you probably have no money for the patent trolls to take if you get sued.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    how safe is downloading nzb vs torrents. Nzb you are not uploading to others like torrents or is that incorrect

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    the only time i ever received a complaint was when i was using strongvpn and downloaded a few wii games

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I've used overplay VPN and haven't had any issues.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Unsafe in general, you will get a letter from your ISP at best and at worst you'll get a lawsuit from the rights holders...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12