Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching Status.

Sorry if sumone has posted this already but I havnt found it if they have. My problem is that I will start Downloading a file I will get so far exit KazaaLite and turn my comp off or restart it run KazaaLite again and the file that I was previously trying to Download is Stuck in Searching Status, If I Pause it and then Unpause it it goes straight to back to Searching, and no matter how long I leave it alone it will stay in Searching for ever. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so does anyone know how to stop it? I would really apreciate sum help as I have had this problem for ages now, and I found a file that ive been looking for for ages now, and it has done it to it! Dam thing is stuck and will never finish! :'(

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@22 November 2003 - 22:29
    Sorry if sumone has posted this already but I havnt found it if they have. My problem is that I will start Downloading a file I will get so far exit KazaaLite and turn my comp off or restart it run KazaaLite again and the file that I was previously trying to Download is Stuck in Searching Status, If I Pause it and then Unpause it it goes straight to back to Searching, and no matter how long I leave it alone it will stay in Searching for ever. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so does anyone know how to stop it? I would really apreciate sum help as I have had this problem for ages now, and I found a file that ive been looking for for ages now, and it has done it to it! Dam thing is stuck and will never finish! :'(
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

try jumping supernodes and see if that help, you are loosing your spot in line when you turn klite off try not to do that

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks bud I will try sum of the stuff u have sugested. But I have 2 turn K-Lite off at sum point! I dont wana but my comp demands a restart every 48hours at least! So how exactly do I go about not loseing my spot in line? and how do I remove the no ip sources from my dat files? Sorry guys Im a bit of a noob when it comes 2 doing anything other then turning the program on. Although I did load K-Dat and select the problem file and this is what I noticed: In the advanced tab for all the files that are downloading normally the State is Active but on the problem file it is paused! and in the problem file it says there are no sources at all! I click on the sources tab and it is completly blank. Now as I understood it that was where it keeps info about all the people I have got the file from? so it is saying that I got 10.26% of this file from absolutly no1! Help Please! :'(

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    gatherer- like musleman said, it's the IP's listed in the dat files. He's a REAL good source on stuff like this (I know that firsthand&#33 I'll warn ya tho, those dat files can be a total mind-bender to those of us that dont know what we're doing with them, so dont get frustrated, just ask questions Just dont ask them to me..cause I'm still trying to figure them out too

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks but as far as i can tell only 1 person out there has the file i am looking 4! When I do start 2 download it from him its fine but 4 sum reason it doesnt store his IP so if I restart my comp the file will say searching and stay like that, when I pause it goes paused the when i click resume it goes straight 2 searching! normally they go 2 connecting then more sources needed, or connecting then searching but this 1 in particular will always go straight 2 searching, I cant delete the no IP's because there rnt any! there is only 1 person with the file and 4 sum reason it wont store his IP. and what exactly is a no IP source anyway?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    you file does not even have that one source, look at my post again and read the underline boss

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I realise that but I have downloaded part of the file from him so does that not make him a source automatically?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@26 November 2003 - 21:05
    I realise that but I have downloaded part of the file from him so does that not make him a source automatically?
    for that part of the file yes but aparently not the rest for one reason or another

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    so is there nothing anyone can suggest? is there noway I can add him as a source myself? P.S. thanks 4 all the help guys especially u MUSLEMAN

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    internet.news
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@23 November 2003 - 03:29
    be patient - kazaa must find a new source...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast