Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery?

Has anyone ever had there own Username and Files turn up in the Search Window? I have and I just thought id ask: Is it Normal or do I have a problem?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Users names aren't unique so anyone can use them and you might be sharing the same files as the other guy.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    you know with so many users online over 4 million, you would think that we could all make our user name unique so no one else would use it. Sorry not possible, some one in this world is going to match your name.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    roflmao, not possible boss

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm telling u guys it was me not sum1 else with the same name! it was exactly the same files down 2 the descriptions!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 10:01
    I'm telling u guys it was me not sum1 else with the same name! it was exactly the same files down 2 the descriptions!
    listen there is no way you can see your own files in klite

unless

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 15:01
    I don't think that that's a big problem, don't worry about it unless it's casues d/l problems.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I experienced something similar... (I'm very new with this, so correct if I'm a bit ignorant--->) I tried to go to the website throught kazzalite web-window, clicked the "home! button up in the right, and suddenly I got a list of ALL my files in sharefolder. Didn't understand that. How come? Is it supposed to be that way?

The same happened when I entered throught the IE and tried to open up grokster.com site. HUH? Is this normal???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by shooZh@1 December 2003 - 11:33
    I experienced something similar... (I'm very new with this, so correct if I'm a bit ignorant---&#62 I tried to go to the website throught kazzalite web-window, clicked the "home! button up in the right, and suddenly I got a list of ALL my files in sharefolder. Didn't understand that. How come? Is it supposed to be that way?

The same happened when I entered throught the IE and tried to open up grokster.com site. HUH? Is this normal???
    This happens when you're using port 80 as an alternative to incoming traffic in kazaalite, AND you navigate to a website whch is defined in your HOSTS file to redirect to 127.0.0.1 (your localhost)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@30 November 2003 - 13:01
    There's a very small chance of this happening occasionally.

If you're on a supernode your files are indexed there.. If you change supernodes to one that is also fairly local, and then do a search it can sometimes pick up your filenames from your old supernode before it has refreshed.

Nothing to worry about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast