Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Paid Usenet service provider

Just switched to Astraweb from Newshosting so far so good except for slow speeds.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    thx to all posters been using usenet for a long time now lots of take downs of late this post leaves lots to choose from

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    91hybrid
    Im an Astraweb user too. Not to bad. have only used them, so I really don't have another point of reference.

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    I just signed up for thundernews, I'll reply after using it for a couple days. Good price point though, roughly 100 a year.

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    I use giganews for most of my usenet downloads. I also have some bock news at tweaknews, so if something has suffered a DMCA takedown on giganews I can usually find it on tweaknews.

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    I would have recommended tweaknews a couple of weeks ago, but now with their dreadful speeds during the evenings i don't think so.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    frugalusenet is not bad. Good bang for the buck. Only 300 days retention, but nowadays due to takedowns you have to grab stuff fast anyways.

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith127 View Post
    frugalusenet is not bad. Good bang for the buck. Only 300 days retention, but nowadays due to takedowns you have to grab stuff fast anyways.
    Why not using test.xennanews.com which is free and has about 900 days of retention ? Speeds are great as well

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBogus View Post
    I would have recommended tweaknews a couple of weeks ago, but now with their dreadful speeds during the evenings i don't think so.
    Must depend on where you are as I usually find Tweaknews to be pretty quick (but I am in Europe).

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    I use a combo of usenetserver.com and supernews.com - mostly because I was curious to see if there was one better than supernews out there - so have had both for a few months now to test and both are really good both in speed, retention and avaliability.

Both are signed on an offer at $9,99 a month (each) for as long as I stay a customer.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast