Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any retro gaming fans out there?

Sadly I have a Dream Cast with no games and an Atari with a bunch however, the main console wont turn on anymore

2. Games   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleself22 View Post
    Sadly I have a Dream Cast with no games and an Atari with a bunch however, the main console wont turn on anymore
    Is your home portable and employer someone who sets up tables on the weekend?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Games   -   #13
    yes im playing that 1000 pc game with my some now we both love it and it makes you feel you again

4. Games   -   #14
    Omega Race. Waaaay back in 1980. I spent many a quarter on that game. And am able to replicate it with MAME. Not the same controls though using the keyboard.

Remember Intellivision? That was a pretty neat system. It had a voice module, a steering wheel, and a couple of other add ons.
    Last edited by sci; 04-22-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Games   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    ColecoVision made everything else at the time its bitch. As for arcade games, Tempest was my fav.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Games   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Come on, nobody here remembers the command: Load * 8, 1

Back in the day loading a cassette into the drive on my Commodore 16 plus 4, typing in the command, waiting five minutes and having the program fail to load. Wanting to throw the whole thing through a window, calming down, typing in the load command again.

Finally loading Ghosts and Goblins or Tomcat or Manic Miner

As for arcade, my addiction was Xevious. I liked Galaga and Defender, but Xevious was THE one.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Games   -   #17
    I learned how to pirate stuffs, prior to the interwebs, on a C64. Although, I am proud to say I never had to slum it with a tape drive.

Note: ,8,1 was designated to the floppy. If memory serves, tape drive was ,4...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-22-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Games   -   #18
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I fucking loved my Master System II, it was my first console (owning only a C64 before it) and was a hand-me down from a cousin, I remember having it plugged into the TV for me and shitting a brick having the power to move stuff around, ON THE TELEVISION!!! It had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built into it, a dirty Mario knock-off with a sweet theme tune. I still play it now from time to time using an emulator on my phone.

The C64 I had before it, I was way too young to appreciate it properly - I faintly remember having International Truckers for it and I think Short Circuit. I can just about remember putting the tapes in a cassette player and listening to the screeching sounds they made. I also have a faint memory from around that time of pissing down the stairs, but that might be unrelated...

9. Games   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I learned how to pirate stuffs, prior to the interwebs, on a C64. Although, I am proud to say I never had to slum it with a tape drive.

Note: ,8,1 was designated to the floppy. If memory serves, tape drive was ,4...
    My C16 had a tape drive, the C64 had a floppy, I remember being uber leet and notching the side of floppies to make them double sided

Then of course there were the sneakernet floppy disk swapmeets where you swapped apps. Piracy in person, much more fun and friendly.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Then of course there were the sneakernet floppy disk swapmeets where you swapped apps. Piracy in person, much more fun and friendly.
    That was when The Shit was R.E.A.L. Cold War times. Never knew if you were trading GEOS with a neighbor, or a Russian spy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast