Thread: Tweaknews down?

I haven't been able to access them since yesterday. Anyone else?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Working for me, you still having issues?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I think the issue was the port. I had been using SSl on 563, and it stopped working. I turned off ssl and it was fine. Then I went back to ssl on port 443, and now it seems fine. Just strange.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    The free server is down!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    i am really having dead slow speeds, anyone else too?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I;d e looking very closely at the routing your packets are taking from yourself to the server. Of course, if ports (like 563) all of a sudden stop working, while others (443 in this example) continue to, then something wacko in the running of the plant may have happened.

Again though, from what happened to me earlier this week to Astra/EU, some tier 1 transport changed routing tables in their transport across the US to the Atlantic transoceanic gateway got whacked, and I couldn't even get a ping back (not to talk about any real traffic transfer) for about 24-48 hours. So yet, tier 1 folks have a brain freeze every once in a while as well, right along with the tech crew at the server plants.

Causes no end of trouble.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I was having isses with tweak news too I'm in the EU. Switched to usenetbucket a couple of weeks ago and haven't had a problem since. Tweak news used to be good but I feel they got worse lately.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    been down all night for me cannot connect
    I have changed ports and turn off ssl still cannot connect

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Works OK for me.