Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about XBMC, but were afraid to ask....

Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nephrops View Post
    (sorry to be a post digger)
    It's possible to install and run xbmc on an old pc or do I need to have a dedicated media center?
    Splash out £27 on a Pi2 then install OpenElec 5.0.8 You`ll NOT be disappointed.... and thanks to CEC you`ll be able to use your standard remote to control it too (assuming your TV isn`t ancient)

Various free controller app for both IOS and Andriod if your TV doesn`t support CEC (control over something acronym.... HDMI control channel blah....)
    Last edited by Gribley; 05-11-2015 at 10:45 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    CEC (control over something acronym)
    That gave me a chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nephrops View Post
    (sorry to be a post digger)
    It's possible to install and run xbmc on an old pc or do I need to have a dedicated media center?
    Splash out £27 on a Pi2 then install OpenElec 5.0.8 You`ll NOT be disappointed.... and thanks to CEC you`ll be able to use your standard remote to control it too (assuming your TV isn`t ancient)

Various free controller app for both IOS and Andriod if your TV doesn`t support CEC (control over something acronym.... HDMI control channel blah....)
    Ok. I'll try that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123