Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comcast has "secretly" bumped up their internet speeds.

Many people in another forum reported that Comcast nearly doubled their speeds. So I rebooted my cable modem and went from 70 to 120 Mbps.

Just a heads up for Comcast users.

btw my gigabit router is looking pretty good right now.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not here. Still getting mediocre speeds. For the same price, I used to get almost triple this in Texas.

This is what $50/month buys me:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3457951427
    Last edited by Skiz; 04-24-2014 at 11:38 PM.

yo

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Not sure. Even if they gave me faster speeds, I still despise Concast.

491176804.png
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Ugh. They claimed to provision (and subsequently bill) my parents for 50/10, while providing around half that. Oops. Just found out about that recently, looking forward to phone queue hell.

I wanted to move to the 105Mbit tier and was told it required a mandatory $250 fee and a tech visit. I've got a top of the line docsis 3 modem, and still can't get the fee waived. Now they'll just flip a switch from 70 to 120 for Joe Sixpack? Riiiiight. Like their capacity "issues" magically went away after Netflix's check cleared. Fuck them.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    If more people started getting rid of their shitty cable services, bandwidth could be freed up for faster Internet services for all. Data stream on demand instead of always live, it can have a major effect on speed.

Oh, so that's my theory, that Comcast provides such shitty service that customers are abandoning exorbitant cable fees but keeping the more ubiquitous Internet connections.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    I'm all for cord cutting, but hold that thought til later today when the FCC caves on net neutrality and explains how much better everything will be. "Fast lane" sure sounds innoculous, sexy even. We really should be grateful to Comcast for the crumbs they saw fit to drop while taking their victory lap.

It's up to the municipalities at this point to follow Chattanooga's lead and just build the damn infrastructure out themselves.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    At this point, I expect Concast to grow sooooo gluttonous that it becomes a public target that will get carved up like AT&T did. It will take a while, and corporate types will make fortunes putting it back together again, but Concast will eventually fall (be dismantled) due to its own excess.

BTW, thanks for the extra speed, Fuckers.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by tempt8tion View Post
    Many people in another forum reported that Comcast nearly doubled their speeds. So I rebooted my cable modem and went from 70 to 120 Mbps.

Just a heads up for Comcast users.

btw my gigabit router is looking pretty good right now.
    Any chance you're in an area with Google Fiber and Comcast suddenly realizes they have competition? Otherwise it could be Comcast's way of telling the FCC "Look! We innovate! We're expanding! Let us buy TWC!".

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Not sure. Even if they gave me faster speeds, I still despise Concast.

491176804.png
    Not sure what you're complaining about... those are some mighty fine speeds.

On another note I now know where you reside. My cousin lives in the area and is a member of the triad. I would sleep with one eye open if I were you.
    Last edited by Rart; 04-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    I do not like giving Concast my (wife's) money. Speed and uptime are good.

With one eye open, I'm still able to see better than any of your squinty eyed trisecksuals. And duh, like you don't have cousins everywhere.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    On another note I now know where you reside. My cousin lives in the area and is a member of the triad. I would sleep with one eye open if I were you.
    Tell all your cousins that I always leave my door unlocked when I'm home and that I'm pretty good at skull fucking.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast