Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Summertime house temps?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    My gf on the hand can't deal with the winters here. When it's cold out, she's basically wearing a burka made of jackets and scarfs.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #42
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    And let's be real, the "seasons" everyone brags about here are bullshit. The spring and fall here are just a Texas winter.
    Amen. I grew up in northern Idaho when the winters were more exaggerated (more snow, colder- down to -20F, ). Contrasted with dry, 90s in the summer. Hearing about getting "all 4 seasons" pissed me off constantly. Snow/Cold. Rain. Heat. Firewood. Four @#$#%$^ seasons. :errm:
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Game of Thrones has been lying. For the length of time I have been stuck in Florida, winter never came. I don't know how much more time I can remain south of the wall before I snap and jeopardize my professional future.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    And let's be real, the "seasons" everyone brags about here are bullshit. The spring and fall here are just a Texas winter.
    Amen. I grew up in northern Idaho when the winters were more exaggerated (more snow, colder- down to -20F, ). Contrasted with dry, 90s in the summer. Hearing about getting "all 4 seasons" pissed me off constantly. Snow/Cold. Rain. Heat. Firewood. Four @#$#%$^ seasons. :errm:
    Spoken like the true homosexual that you are.
    Out of curiosity I Googled "Idaho weather " and supposedly even in January the average high is a couple degrees above freezing.FFS I've ridden my bike outside at -30C.

Granted I crashed and almost died from exposure probably to be later eaten by wolves but at least I would have been a manly, albeit stupid and slightly incomplete corpse.

Now at least I understand why you feel you need a gun to prwotect yourself.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't even like riding when it's below 60.

(Although I have done some group rides in some pretty cold, morning temps)

yo

6. Lounge   -   #46

Spoken like the true homosexual that you are.
    Out of curiosity I Googled "Idaho weather " and supposedly even in January the average high is a couple degrees above freezing.FFS I've ridden my bike outside at -30C.

Granted I crashed and almost died from exposure probably to be later eaten by wolves but at least I would have been a manly, albeit stupid and slightly incomplete corpse.

Now at least I understand why you feel you need a gun to prwotect yourself.
    There's a substantial longitudinal difference between the north and south of Idaho, Mr. Geography. I was stuck in the panhandle, for what seemed like an eternity. It was there I learned to survive the cold by randomly firing a couple hundred rounds of sporadic cover fire in order to heat the muzzle of my sub-machine gun- just to stay warm. Like a homosecksual would ever put that sentence together.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Game of Thrones has been lying. For the length of time I have been stuck in Florida, winter never came. I don't know how much more time I can remain south of the wall before I snap and jeopardize my professional future.
    I would gladly swap weather patterns right now (but you can keep the heavily armed scaredy cats who blaze away with weapons when people say mean things to them), it's farking freezing here right now.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    it's farking freezing here right now.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    There's a substantial longitudinal difference between the north and south of Idaho, Mr. Geography.
    Unbelievable as it may seem, I live my life along the lines of the US. government.While aware of the actual facts I choose to ignore them if they get in the way of what I'm trying to accomplish.

You may now sing God Bless America Me.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    So, what temps do you find comfortable?
    Growing up in Texas, we go by the 68 F in the winter and 72 in the summer "rule". I am most comfortable at 72 as (even though I can break out in a cold sweat in 50 degrees just by thinking)...[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

+1 on the 68/72 here in very southern Ontario.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast