Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yet another autistic kid kills 6 people

anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post


    The brain swelling hasn't receded yet, I see.
    I too see :

2. Lounge   -   #42
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    According to this article, http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywil...m-he-had-anger , Elliot was never diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. But if he was a sociopath, why did he have problems getting laid? Aren't sociopaths really charming and socially skilled? I wonder what his real diagnosis or condition was.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #43
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A person can't cure his hypochondria by reading about diseases.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    According to this article, http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywil...m-he-had-anger , Elliot was never diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. But if he was a sociopath, why did he have problems getting laid? Aren't sociopaths really charming and socially skilled? I wonder what his real diagnosis or condition was.
    You'd be doing readers a favor if you'd copy, paste, and clean-up any stories you post, Oleg. Many members here are from different parts of the world and may not even be able to access the articles. Use [spoiler tags] to keep from making your posts unwieldy.

Like this:

Spoiler: Show

As for the article, I find the intent of reducing unnecessary fear of Asperger's/Autism to be good, but blaming "anger" is more than a bit weak, IMO.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-25-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    For a second I thought you said you actually read this stuff?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    I spent a year doing graduate studies in disability after the birth of my son. Outside of you noting that you read everything with a Canadian accent, I still have a difficult time seeing through his eyes. His behavio[u]rs are wired out-of-phase from what we'd think of as common sense. In those terms, I am interested in the largely-unknown area of Asperger's/Autism.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    I get the felling that he belongs to the school of thought were it's perfectly sensible to pave over a field of wildflowers so you can build a factory that makes iPads that you can then look up pictures of wildflowers on.
    Post of the year? quote of the year for sure

8. Lounge   -   #48
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I spent a year doing graduate studies in disability after the birth of my son. Outside of you noting that you read everything with a Canadian accent, I still have a difficult time seeing through his eyes. His behavio[u]rs are wired out-of-phase from what we'd think of as common sense. In those terms, I am interested in the largely-unknown area of Asperger's/Autism.
    Only yesterday I found out that Asperger's was eliminated as a diagnosis in 2013. The new diagnosis is called autism spectrum disorder.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lounge   -   #49
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Only yesterday I found out that Asperger's was eliminated as a diagnosis in 2013. The new diagnosis is called autism spectrum disorder.
    I thought the new diagnosis was...

...Spoilt little rich kid cannot get what he wants, so kills out of spite.

That's what a privileged life gets you. When you desire for nothing, and want it now, but cannot get it.

The only thing that Elliot Rodger was suffering from, was being spoilt. Any normal youngster would get on with their life, get shagged, get pissed, and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Does that mean you are "cured" or in risk of losing your disability?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast