Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closed thread??

terra
    I have probably miised something and I'm probably posting in the wrong thread. However, it would appear that the welcome thread is closed. if that is the case, Hi guys. if thats not the case please let me know how I can enter.

Thank you

2. Lounge   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Somebody can't take a hint.

Spoiler: Show
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    You need to donate $5 for the welcome thread to open, and another five to post within

On a serious note, I have no idea why it was locked. Maybe it was getting too big.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Maybe it was getting too big.
    jd___that__s_what_she_said_by_leeroysmx357-d4ct9db.jpg

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You need to donate $5 for the welcome thread to open, and another five to post within
    Don't give RealtY any ideas.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by terra View Post
    I have probably miised something and I'm probably posting in the wrong thread. However, it would appear that the welcome thread is closed. if that is the case, Hi guys. if thats not the case please let me know how I can enter.

Thank you
    You don't need to post "hi" in some silly welcome thread. If you need to get your 2 posts, POST SOMETHING RELEVANT that adds to a discussion on the board. Otherwise, your posts will be deleted anyways.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #7
    To terra's credit, the post made here was relevant, and effort was made to express an idea. We've seen much worse. I recently made a joke account (All, which can be deleted now that the welcome thread has been closed) and new people are given a reminder at the top of their screen to go make their first post in the welcome thread. Maybe this has been changed in the past couple days, but it may be of benefit to change that message to something similar to what you just said about making valuable posts, Skiz.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-09-2014 at 06:24 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    To terra's credit, the post made here was relevant, and effort was made to express an idea. We've seen much worse. I recently made a joke account (All, which can be deleted now that the welcome thread has been closed) and new people are given a reminder at the top of their screen to go make their first post in the welcome thread. Maybe this has been changed in the past couple days, but it may be of benefit to change that message to something similar to what you just said about making valuable posts, Skiz.
    I opened it. I closed it a couple days ago but if people are just going to start new threads asking why they can't say hello in a welcome thread, then what's the point.

I can add something to the sticky but I don't think anyone really reads the stickies when they join a new board. I never do.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

You don't need to post "hi" in some silly welcome thread. If you need to get your 2 posts, POST SOMETHING RELEVANT that adds to a discussion on the board. Otherwise, your posts will be deleted anyways.
    Every post be it "relevant" or not is equally ignored by 99.9% of the supposed "members" of this supposed forum so I think you are being a tad Nazi in picking on one specific thread.

I mean seriously,is "Hi,I'm a noob" any worse than "I use Eset" or "My favourite movie is The Dark Knight series". So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to be fair ,which you probably don't,then either delete everything that smacks of insincerity and inanity which is basically everything or else leave everything and just deal with it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I opened it. I closed it a couple days ago but if people are just going to start new threads asking why they can't say hello in a welcome thread, then what's the point.

I can add something to the sticky but I don't think anyone really reads the stickies when they join a new board. I never do.
    All of this insincerity kinda strikes at my views on the "community". I was always of the mind that people wanted to be part of something. Turns out they were only posting/participating with personal interest in mind. Now that it is easy to get into trackers, there is little need for people to pretend they give a fuk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast