Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Best unlimited usenet providers?

Getting lots of very quick takedowns with Usenetserver right now and renewal is due with usenetserver, I'm used to paying about £60/$100 upfront for a year subscription with unlimited downloads and 20 connections/SSL encryption. I usually manage to find what i'm after reposted eventually (most of those with the most complex names seem to stay longer than those called 123456), but it's a hassle i'd like to avoid for the same cost and service.

Any suggested providers for me to check out?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    You need another provider in addition to UsenetServer as a backup to fill in missing articles, Tweaknews and Blocknews are what I use most of the time.
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I had trouble with eweka... using extremeusenet now. works fine

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I also use Tweak for backup block usage, and Easynews for unlimited at 10 bucks a month. I especially like the web interface for Easynews they give for 14 day trial.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    "The Best" is in the eye of the beholder.

Search the forums - and come to your own conclusions...

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    obey the duck
    I've been using tweaknews for ~18 month and only got a few incompletes. However since they no longer accept paypal, I've switched to usenetbucket. Been testing them for a week - so far, so good.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    frugal seems to get a few take downs lately, more then i've ever seen before, I'm in the market for a new provider for sure.

just for the record, at least one of the providers mentioned in posts above, don't seem to offer "unlimited" plans. doing my homework right now.
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 07-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Today is the day.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Takedowns, both in type, quickness, and frequency, vary widely from server/service to server/service, to include what 'type' of material you're interested in, and most obviously, the type and depth of obfuscation the poster uses (or doesn't use).

So you can continue to chase after your particular needs, maybe find some poster or site that fills that need (or not), or come to the conclusion that anything you do get is by hit or miss, or jump around from provider to provider like it appears you're doing. In short, it's a jungle out there.

However, I've said this before and it's been awhile since I've rung my particular bell, but since the dissolution of 'the matrix' some two years ago, and for several years, almost a good decade before that, and certainly back to 'day zero' on most usenet plants (i.e., Aug08 or thereabouts) I've posted at least 1TB/month (so my calculator figures some 72TB during that period), which I check the most recent pretty heavily, and the older stuff at random, to which zero (0) has ever been targeted, yet a fair amount has been on the 'hit list' at one time or the other, and those other posts have gone down the rabbit hole (while mine are still there).

So I've come to the conclusion that most posters who get targeted fail basic smarts, or are 'going after the bucks' with private websites and super-encrypted/super-obfuscated postings (you know, those 32+ nonsense character posts). Okay, that's one way to go I guess.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    ...which I check the most recent pretty heavily, and the older stuff at random, to which zero (0) has ever been targeted, yet a fair amount has been on the 'hit list' at one time or the other, and those other posts have gone down the rabbit hole (while mine are still there).
    Are you downloading all that which you posted? Sure it will come up still on searches but that doesn't mean jack. Even checking a NZB isn't a guarantee as some servers will report that they have the article during the check when in fact it won't. Unless you are downloading everything you have posted, which wouldn't make sense anyway since you already have it, how can you go around making blanket statements like "zero takedowns ever" and be 100% sure?

My advice to people is to get 1 or 2 paid providers: 1 Euro and 1 US. Then supplement your main server(s) with free ones. I have been doing this for years and rarely have issues since I have 5 or 6 different tier one servers I am pulling from. If you run into a hiccup, sign up for a free trial with a server that doesn't use the same tier one servers that you already have to get the missing pieces. There is no such thing as "best unlimited provider" anymore, there just isn't.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I use usenet server and its works great

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast