Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Best unlimited usenet providers?

I use tweaknews and they have been great so far.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Supernews works great for me.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    n00b
    Newsdemon $20.14(£11.79) deal every four months, auto renew. Lot of takedowns on popular stuff if you dont grab quick(not as bad as astraweb!) but by far the cheapest i have used and i have been around the block.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits View Post
    not as bad as astraweb!
    Yeah well I actually switched back to AW because this popular belief is seemingly wrong. I can get Boardwalk Empire (an HBO high-profile show) fine and I'm talking about post in clear from about 1 year ago.
    Last edited by chakara; 07-20-2014 at 01:56 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    A lot depends, as the internet is not exactly super-speedy across the globe if one is doing high speed/high capacity transfers, in where you are vrs where the usenet service servers are.

In my case, the two closest (both 'internet' wise as well as geographically) are Astra/US and Giganews/US, and it doesn't take a degree in finance as to which is 'cheaper'. I get tons of (captured) pay-TV fare off Astra/US, although in fact the series 'True Detective' (again, captures which were recoded down to 720P and about 10-20% of their original 'broadcast' size) were 'whacked' in just a few days back whenever.

But now that it's out in Blu (almost 30+ days at this point), I'm sure that in the next 30+ days or so we'll be seeing a flood of full-BD as well as BD-recodes start to flood the pipes, either obfuscated (or not), or encrypted (or not). The reviews I've read (so far) put the video and audio quality as 10+/superb, something that was hinted at in the (basically) low-grade captures that were originally posted.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by chakara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits View Post
    not as bad as astraweb!
    Yeah well I actually switched back to AW because this popular belief is seemingly wrong. I can get Boardwalk Empire (an HBO high-profile show) fine and I'm talking about post in clear from about 1 year ago.
    Long time user of astraweb(2yrs+). Then all of a sudden, basically if you didnt grab releases straight away, they were gone. Went around the block a while, same story but grabbed the newsdemon(Works out approx just £3 a month) deal. Stuff still removed if you are not quick enough. Test and trial. Still get a lot of old skool films from the eighties as they got 2000+ day retention. Depends what you are after really. Get full speed constantly(19meg a sec(on my Vm 152meg connection)) downloads SSL. Never been down for me.
    Last edited by Frits; 07-28-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: My maths is poor!!

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    In my opinion supernews and tweaknews are popular in terms of less takedowns.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    @Asari, I just switched from Tweak to Usenet Bucket. Your post is dated July 2nd. I would be interested in the rate of incompletes and dmca takedowns you are experiencing.

Any other Usenetbucket clients I would be interested in hearing your opinion as well.

Thank you

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    astraweb and usenetserver work well for me

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Been using TweakNews for about a year now renewing every 3 month period and they email exclusive renew offers that are cheaper then prices offered for newbies. Never had any problems

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast