Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods I have hated.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Please ban Mary.I sense that he may post something off topic outside The Lounge.

Thanks in advance.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Trash talk the nation all you want but don't speak ill of the honoured dead.
    Not speaking ill of them. Probably worded poorly, I was alluding to the fact that the Chinese arguably were one of the allied powers most devastated by the second world war, being fought on home soil and the whole occupied by another nation while being raped and pillaged sort of thing, ironically by the nationality you assumed I was. We also had an underappreciated role in World War 1 as well, although we don't have our own Wikipedia article dedicated to it so I don't know much too much about it.
    I like Chinese food and hate Koreans.Does that make us good?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Koreans are great. The ladies are amazing, assuming you steer clear of the plastic surgery epidemic thats been infecting the nation. You don't want your kids to come out looking completely different than what you expected.
    Last edited by Rart; 07-07-2014 at 07:28 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    any ftn members here?
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Trash talk the nation all you want but don't speak ill of the honoured dead.
    Not speaking ill of them. Probably worded poorly, I was alluding to the fact that the Chinese arguably were one of the allied powers most devastated by the second world war, being fought on home soil and the whole occupied by another nation while being raped and pillaged sort of thing, ironically by the nationality you assumed I was. We also had an underappreciated role in World War 1 as well, although we don't have our own Wikipedia article dedicated to it so I don't know much too much about it.
    France didn't fare too well (Holland or Belgium either). Parts of China were invaded by the Japanese, but they struggled to maintain the footholds. France on the other hand, apart from the puppet Vichy regime in the south was completely dominated by the Germans, who then either turned factories over to war production or simply dismantled them and removed them to the greater Reich, along with trains, rolling stock, any liquid assets in banks and other financial institutions, the contents of museums and of course the workers. Millions of skilled workers from the occupied countries were forced to work in the Reich, uprooted and moved to 'foreign worker camps' they had extremely poor food and working conditions and poor accomodation.
    The Japanese practiced imperialism before World War 2, and while brutal it was nowhere near the scale in Europe, the Germans practiced the complete and utter rape of the countries that came under their control, stripping them of all viable assets, as well as the workers needed to maintain their economies. In most cases it took 5 to 10 years for the economies to recover from this.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Seems there are far more humourless,self-important people on this site than one would ever suspect seeing as I apparently can't retort about someone's apparent lack of a sex life when they post "Yes,yes,yes!!!BlackCatGames is finally back!!!!"
    Bejesus Christ.

And I foolish thought that a sense of humour and being able to appreciate beauty and not just having the latest iPad was some of the things that separated us from the animals.

Foolish,foolish me .Well I guess I'll go burn some poetry by Milton in that case.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pootystomp View Post
    Not a fan of the mod who deleted my post this morning about shooting somebody in the dick because they were posting some dumb and irrelevant shit to up their post count.
    Then you shouldn't have posted it in an "on topic" section of the board.
    The reason why I post threats in an "on topic" section is because some turd posts something meaningless that will never provide substance to the thread. I don't want to detract from the thread and that is why I attempt to shun the ones that do nothing to further the quality of this forums content.

In the future I suppose I can resort to pm's.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

The reason why I post threats in an "on topic" section is because some turd posts something meaningless that will never provide substance to the thread. I don't want to detract from the thread and that is why I attempt to shun the ones that do nothing to further the quality of this forums content.

Not sure what the plan is here, but preventing the regular poasters from responding to the more idiotic posts/threads is going to contribute to the general malaise in terms of posts that is board is going through, increasing the lack of motivation to post.

In my own case there are already many sections of the board I don't even read any more because it is just useless moronic spam, so if my own decision is representative, then there will be less activity on this board. In the end this is a decision which is untenable, I seriously doubt whether it will lead to an improvement in posts since most are random and have little to do with any logical conversation or follow any progression, but time will tell....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Or use the report button. Thats what it's there for after all.

Replying to posts that are going to be removed anyway just moves a thread further off topic and creates more work for mods.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I hate all mods, past, present and future ...

This post was ignored ... just as I expected ... seems normal there are only 5 members posting as 'regulars' ... the rest are bots, mods included!
    Last edited by Disme; 07-08-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast