Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NZBcc sez 100% (or nearly) but files arn't really there

they did replace files with DMCA txt files and checkers couldn't detect it (STAT\HEAD) but it was a long time ago and they quickly stopped doing it

nowadays every nntp provider deletes all files if this or that releases gets flagged.

if one wants to check files via nzb checker HEAD method is recommended.
    Last edited by Hypatia; 07-24-2014 at 06:32 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    they did replace files with DMCA txt files and checkers couldn't detect it (STAT\HEAD) but it was a long time ago and they quickly stopped doing it

nowadays every nntp provider deletes all files if this or that releases gets flagged.

if one wants to check files via nzb checker HEAD method is recommended.
    Precisely.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Like I said in my earlier post, I didn't know if they STILL did it but they DID do it. So shit you posted years ago, might not even be complete if they replaced those files with the DMCA txt even though they stopped doing that later on.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    You DO know that there are tons of websites devoted simply to wacky thinking you display (always 'they', always no actual verifiable examples ever given, etc.), many of them spelling out exactly the kind of mental disease (or defect) that it originates from.

One only has to look (mainly) at the political class around the globe to find copious examples far worse than yours (and they generate an entire class of comics who make a decent living pointing them out).

The fact remains that (unlike many or probably most) my 'routine' of 'back checking' is pretty much about as bullet-proof as one could design it, and has led to many examples of usenet plants 'going off the rails', well documented both here (when it gets REALLY bad like when months go 'missing') and in emails to and from many of the operators of such plants.

Yes, there is the possibility that 'way back' there might be some posting that got whacked and that checking may have fallen through the cracks. But unlike most (especially out of Europe) I don't skimp on PARS (I continually run into BD50 postings with <1-2% which, given the vagaries of the usenet bucket brigade transmission come perilously close to not repairing), but as I've commented so many time my fingers are tired... I don't post Organized Crime targeted material (i.e. 'pro-wrestling' or 'P0rn').

And that any large-scale 'chunks' taken out and replaced by some kind of 'cheap filler' will be caught by this system, and any comments as to otherwise, posted on any of those newsgroups (the mass public is the best checker), will be attended to promptly, as everything I've ever posted is sitting right behind me in a multi-terabyte RAID-NAS that enables me to stream, at will, anything I've ever touched.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    If you say so...
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12