Thread: Installing a crack question?

I need an answer to a question on a crack I have. I understand steps 1 & 2... I just need to know what to do with Step 3.

1.Run setup file & install it.
    2.Copy crack file into install folder (I understand this and where to put it)
    3.Run .reg file

I'm just not sure on step 3. I see the folder and theres (1) .reg in this folder. What do I do with the File in the folder?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    1. Wrong section. This has nothing to do with the board. Moved to File Sharing section.

2. Make sure you trust the source of the crack.
    3. If so, double-click the .reg file. Click yes/OK.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Seriously, follow skiz's advice on MAKE SURE YOU TRUST THE SOURCE. I'd say, unless you got it off a well-moderated, private tracker, that has already been commented on by several known members- DO NOT USE THIS.

.reg stands for "registry". As in, IT IS GOING TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRY.

Yes, some of these are just fine. However, you can entirely f-ck up your OS. And may not be able to recover the files on your computer. Is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks... I tried to find a way to put this in the right forum... Couldn't figure it out. Sorry and thanks for the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    1. Wrong section. This has nothing to do with the board. Moved to File Sharing section.

2. Make sure you trust the source of the crack.
    3. If so, double-click the .reg file. Click yes/OK.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    IMPORTANT Before running any of the files always scan them with your Anti-virus provider firstly. With the REG file sometimes I've encountered issues with it running and to get it to work have had to copy the reg file to the installation folder and then run it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    .reg stands for "registry". As in, IT IS GOING TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRY.
    That's why ERUNT is among the first programs I add to a new Windows install Make a backup, toy with your registry to death, then restore it with three clicks. Automatic backups (for when the messup wasn't deliberate) and offline restoration (if you really broke your computer) are also available. A most useful piece of software.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That's why ERUNT is among the first programs I add to a new Windows install Make a backup, toy with your registry to death, then restore it with three clicks. Automatic backups (for when the messup wasn't deliberate) and offline restoration (if you really broke your computer) are also available. A most useful piece of software.

In other words, you should use any app relevant to 'Sandboxies' (like Shadow Defender etc) which allows to cancel any undesirable changes in your system as if they weren't.
    Another useful app is RegSnap which as the name implies make snapshot of registry that afterwards allow you roll back.

NB! RegSnap should be installed on bare system (i. e. next after Windows®).
    Last edited by digbooker; 08-18-2019 at 10:12 PM.