Thread: P2p file sharing question about Sharing files.

I'm curious if someone accidentaly share a file unknowingly on their computer and someone else downloads it and save the file. Then the p2p program They shared it to gets shutdown a few years ago. So if the person that download the file and saved it shared it on a new p2p site would it be able to be traced back to the original person off the other p2p program. I myself figured it would only be able to be traced to whoever posted it to that specific p2p program not other ones but that's my thought. Any advice or knowledge

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha View Post
    I'm curious if someone accidentaly share a file unknowingly on their computer and someone else downloads it and save the file. Then the p2p program They shared it to gets shutdown a few years ago. So if the person that download the file and saved it shared it on a new p2p site would it be able to be traced back to the original person off the other p2p program. I myself figured it would only be able to be traced to whoever posted it to that specific p2p program not other ones but that's my thought. Any advice or knowledge
    Often the P2P groups that do releases name the file with a specific convention and include the group name in the file. If the file is renamed though, there is very little chance that it can be identified, and even if the file is identified, they can't exactly complain that it is theirs.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Always Deny, Deny & Deny.. that is the golden rule!! Atleast that is what I have heard when caught in a soup, about piracy!!

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to secure erase your HDD once in a while, when u have to re-install your os!! "Add Bleach" option to ccleaner.exe or use bleachbit from bleachbit.sourceforge.net

Hope this helps!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by scdas141 View Post
    Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to secure erase your HDD once in a while, when u have to re-install your os!! "Add Bleach" option to ccleaner.exe or use bleachbit from bleachbit.sourceforge.net
    Or run an ATA Secure Erase in your disk, then begin using some sort of disk encryption.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yamaha - You keep posting this - WTF did you share exactly?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by usersname View Post
    Yamaha - You keep posting this - WTF did you share exactly?
    I posted this a while ago. And I have already received plenty of answers. I didn't mean to share anything. Just hope my tax returns or bank account info didn't get on there by accident.