Thread: New file sharing site idea - How to keep it secure?

FullThrottle
    I'm looking into starting a file sharing site with a separate server but have a few question's.

I currently have a 50 Mbps setup which obviously isn't enough, I can upgrade to a 300+ Mbps line if I can figure out the right setup.

I'm looking to setup a server running on my same line but my question is, how do I keep it secure?

For example, is it possible to have 100's etc of user's uploading & downloading content from my separate server while keeping me from getting banned from my ISP? I have this extra bandwidth right now even at 50 mbps not upgraded to 300+ but I'm trying to do this without getting annoying call's from my ISP about "Illegal Activity", is this possible?

300 Mbps is just a upgrade away.

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I think an important question would be what server your country is from.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Piterstar's Avatar Poster
    I think the Netherlands!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    if you wanted to keep it secure, would hosting it in the darknet help somewhat? accessible via TOR only? subscriptions via bitcoins sent via a tumbler service. can't imagine that would be easy to track

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    The Darknet could be slower for large files. I definitely haven't seen many large file hosts there. It'd be more secure than the clearnet, though.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    richasis's Avatar Poster
    Anything with the words "Pirate" and "Bay" in the domain name should keep things off the radar.
    ...and that's more than the prolific posters on FST can say, because... well, they're prolific posters on FST.