Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved folder question

If you selected your save folder to be my computer or a location where USB or sd cards are normally shown. If you selected my computer as the save location would the sd card or USB that's in your computer at that time be shared as well. Even though there not saved to your computer only the sd card or USB? Any help would be appreciated?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha View Post
    If you selected your save folder to be my computer
    Are you sure about this? My Computer isn't a directory, just a list of storage devices attached to the system. You can't save stuff "inside" it, it has to go to one of your drives.

Anyway, under most circumstances, what you don't explicitly choose to share will be left alone. Should your SD card be on the list of directories your program is sharing for some reason, just remove it from there and you'll be fine.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Still stressed about this, Yamaha? Now I've gotta see what you and the missus were doing with the camera that night...

As for your current question, I tend to agree with Anon. However, if that were the case, your shared folder would have been such a MASSIVE mess that the odds would have been even slimmer that anyone would have been able to locate a single, unknown, unique file from the thousands that are part of even the most minimized Window$ install.

I am also unaware of ANY identity theft that occurred as a result of filesharing with Limewire. That topic would have been discussed... Actually, identity thieves would either target someone they know/encounter, or seek out massive databases. Single party information, found at random would usually only fall into the hands of amateurs- and they tend to get caught easily.

Honestly, instead of playing 50 questions, why not just give us some vague particulars so we can help ease your mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Well bearshare 6 I downloaded a while back and it automatically searches your computer for media files and uploads them. I was curious if it automatically shares all of them files or if it just uploads them to the bearshare server and you have to share them manually. I don't know if you guys are familiar with that program or not?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    You are way too paranoid to be using file sharing technology, I suggest a Spotify premium account and a Netflix subscription before you stroke out from the worry of it all.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    May I suggest ditching Bearshare/Limewire/any other Gnutella-based client and using Ares Galaxy instead? It is a good substitute, and will be less mind-boggling for you (the default settings only share what you've downloaded, which will be nothing if you've just installed it).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Did limewire share other stuff by defualt other than what you downloaded. I used limewire 4.16 and newer

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'll ask again...What do you believe was shared?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I asked that in the first thread but he has yet to answer.

Not much else we can tell him with the information we have other than to uninstall everything. If he's willing to divulge more information we could help him more.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    limewire potentially could of shared all your files, depends how you installed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast