Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsh closing down :/

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    FACT and their ilk are predators. Watch any of the nature shows, meat eaters seldom tangle with anything strong enough to fight back.
    I know this is not what you in your self-righteousness want to hear but predators are necessary in Nature as they cull the weak and sickly and in doing so strengthen a species.Plus predators are cool and that is why sports teams have names like Raptors and Lions and Bengals and not Sheep and Pigs and Small Children.

Also if it's necessary to compare groups to animals then I guess that would make us bugs as we bravely feed in the dark but tend to scurry like cockroaches when someone turns on the kitchen light.

Yeah I know that's hard but the worst thing about the truth is that you can run from it as much as you want but in the end it's still basically inescapable.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I know this is not what you in your self-righteousness want to hear but predators are necessary in Nature as they cull the weak and sickly and in doing so strengthen a species.Plus predators are cool and that is why sports teams have names like Raptors and Lions and Bengals and not Sheep and Pigs and Small Children.

Also if it's necessary to compare groups to animals then I guess that would make us bugs as we bravely feed in the dark but tend to scurry like cockroaches when someone turns on the kitchen light.

Yeah I know that's hard but the worst thing about the truth is that you can run from it as much as you want but in the end it's still basically inescapable.
    You must be fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Sometimes it seems this kind of trackers get all the C&D's and legal threats, while TL, What.cd or IPT have well over a hundred thousand users each yet seem to give a middle finger to the copyright mafia.
    Does anyone know where TSH was hosted though? Was it in the UK? Or does FACT have jurisdiction or influence in other countries?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Other than making site owners paranoid to the 37th degree, there isn't a whole lot of benefit reaped from having the "weaker", non-profiteering sites removed from our community.

And as I see very little difference between filesharing and going to a library (which is deemed for the common good), I have to say the predators are doing little good for anyone. If I were to see a wolf pack off a small child in front of a library, I'd (actually go "HOLY FUCK!!! Did anyone else just see that?!!!) be inclined to put a stop to it after realizing that this was going to be a common occurrence.

And your analogy regarding the cockroaches barely fits. The only reason we run like Hell is because the penalties for such a minor "offense" are so disproportionate to justice there is no other choice. People have been sharing books since the first book was hand printed. Why should that change now? Or was that the activity of cockroaches sharing the Bible with each other?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Does anyone know where TSH was hosted though? Was it in the UK? Or does FACT have jurisdiction or influence in other countries?
    It is not really FACT but FACT in association with City of London Pipcu police unit and they are, allegedly, only bothering with UK created content. They have influence and not extra-territorial powers but they will liaise with 'local to national' organisations in other countries to reduce piracy.

Read it here: hxxp://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/advice-and-support/fraud-and-economic-crime/pipcu/Pages/Operation-creative.aspx and you see their methods.
    LSS #1

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    It is not really FACT but FACT in association with City of London Pipcu police unit and they are, allegedly, only bothering with UK created content. They have influence and not extra-territorial powers but they will liaise with 'local to national' organisations in other countries to reduce piracy.

Read it here: hxxp://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/advice-and-support/fraud-and-economic-crime/pipcu/Pages/Operation-creative.aspx and you see their methods.
    It wasn't their servers or their PayPal. Their domain registrar rolled over and coughed up their info. Which unfortunately, turned out to be legitimate.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    welp, there goes my last good 0day tracker

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I'll give you IPT or TL. PM me, if interested.*

*This offer is only for 1kpc. Anyone else whom I do not know will be reported.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Ironically I reported you for offering invites outside the appropriate section.

Not really but more out of laziness than moral uncertainty.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-09-2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    RealtY got his page views. That's the ruling morality of the times. Fact.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Thanks, I actually do have IPtorrents and it's the other tracker I use alongside whatcd. This is irritating though, because I relied on the top10 feature of TSH to keep up with all my tvshows. I imagine it would be alot more effort to sift through everything on IPT and I'll have to stay more organized so I'll remember to get my shows.

I miss the days when I could just browse FTN with the genre filters I had in place for my 0day stuff, cause the uploaders there only put up the most mainstream stuff. Is that site also permanently dead? It really sucked when it briefly came back so I'm not too hopeful either way...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast