Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsh closing down :/

zonta's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Edit:
    Well, here we are again.

Didn't think we would be away for to long did you ?

Here's the story of events over the last week.

Earwig was tracked down by FACT and asked to hand over the domain torrentshack.net or face being dragged through the courts and who knows what after that. He made the right decision and did exactly what he was told and the domain is now in their hands. Please be aware that this in no way affects your security and no details at all have been given to anyone. The servers on which the site ran have now been taken offline by Earwig and any and all back ups have been destroyed.

Luckily for us though, Earwig was not the only one with access to the main site box. We have coders.....We have staff..... We have a belief to keep what was started alive ! We have a belief to carry on a ratioless tracker with friendly staff, we have a belief to be able to provide the fastest pre times. In short we have managed to get hold of one of the latest back ups before everything was taken offline

We have new hardware, new Domain, some new staff ! But the same beliefs, the same goals ! Hopefully we also have the same userbase behind us !

Things might be slow for the first few weeks as we get things online. We currently have no funds due to having to purchase new hardware for the site and we are still lacking a main seedbox from which to run the script. Our trusty uploaders will do all they can to make this period as painless as possible. Hopefully as soon as donations take off we can add these essential items very soon. But rest assured, we will get back to where we left off in no time !

Thanks to everyone that has been able to make this happen !

Welcome Home ;-)

new url: torrentshack.eu

It's with a heavy heart that I bring you this news post today.

It seems once again that FACT (Federation Against Copyright Theft) have gone after the small site rather than those that make thousands each and every month in profit.

But what can we do ? I guess small sites make for big numbers :-(

I have been under investigation by FACT for some time it seems and to avoid being dragged through the courts and having huge legal fee's I have to adhere to their demands.

They have said that I need to hand them over the domain to this site and to cease my involvement with running such a site. If I comply then any and all charges against me will be dropped.

This means that in the coming week the domain torrentshack.net (Registered to me) will be handed over to FACT for them to do with as they please. When this happens the site at this domain will no longer function.

This is the reason why the PayPal was removed from the site a few days ago as I did not want donations to be made that could not be used towards the costs of running the site.

They have not asked for anything from the DataBase. Simply that I stop what I am doing and sign over the domain. In simple terms, the Domain is simply the URL you type in to visit the site. It has no connection with your accounts, your security. There is no reason fro anyone to worry.

It's been a great run and I have really enjoyed what we have done here over the last few years. I want to thank everyone that has made it possible.

I guess I proved that what they said "Couldn't" be done.... Actually "Could" be done.

cry:
    Last edited by zonta; 09-06-2014 at 08:01 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Was really sorry to hear that.

I hope wig lands softly after the dust settles.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Sorry to hear that. How open was Tsh? How many users?
    >< marks the spot

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Never personally used the site but heard good things about it. Sorry to see it go down. Was it hosted in the UK?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Was really sorry to hear that.

I hope wig lands softly after the dust settles.
    +1 for earwig. Always been a good guy, going back 3 sites...

So many big, ugly profiteers in the community and FACT goes after one of the honest ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    My first source for everything new, more than a half of my total downloads. They made torrenting so easy and safe with their no ratio rules, no seedtimes and logs being deleted everyday.

I guess they have never been popular because it was not the kind of tracker made for teenagers, with plenty of user classes, bonus points to buy custom titles, badges, it was not super secretive or hard to get into and all those bullshits.

It was a tracker for true uploaders and downloaders, unique and will be missed.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    turin's Avatar Turambar BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Very sad news. Hope new sites emerges.

Thanks to Earwig for all the good work.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TSH
    Site Down.
    It's gone completely now.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thankfully they purged your snatchlist regularly, so had the database been seized, there would be less "interesting" data for the feds. That's something I wish other places could learn from.

Sometimes it seems this kind of trackers get all the C&D's and legal threats, while TL, What.cd or IPT have well over a hundred thousand users each yet seem to give a middle finger to the copyright mafia.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    FACT and their ilk are predators. Watch any of the nature shows, meat eaters seldom tangle with anything strong enough to fight back. FACT gets to show a victory in their column and everyone gets to pat themselves on the back. They certainly do not want to go up against a site that will taunt them like PirateBay so famously did...

Big sites have bigger resources to fight back with- and more reason to stand their ground. Small sites barely have enough revenue to pay a server bill- yet alone fight for their owner's real-world livelihood.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast