Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who's got a big dick and just been made redundant? This guy!

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Replace slim with 'micro fucking thin'. Isn't it about time you came up with something original.
    Kinda like complaining about other people's posts. That'd be totally original.

giphy.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    If ever anyone's development, or lack thereof has been chronicled through the spastic vehicle of this forum, whateverthefuck it's called, then it is of that of the youngster freak sociopath we know and love as Mr Mulder.

He is consistently the funniest, most innovative, honest and inventive fucker this lounge is ever likely to have the pleasure to encounter.

Love him, children. He's likely to vanish, like a big poof, at any time. You are the best Mulstar. I mean that most sincerely.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    He's likely to vanish, like a big poof, at any time.
    You don't mean in a Paul Daniels sort of way, do you?

I cannot See Mr. Mulder disappearing any time soon, unless he disappears in to the Twilight Zone, or the X Files.

Anyway, have you inside information or something, or know something that we don't?

Not that I am questioning you, but I am questioning you, in a friendly sort of way, if you know what I mean, Harry.
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    He's likely to vanish, like a big poof
    That would be Idol.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I need an adult.

They made my face redundant yeah, and I start work at a new place in a couple of days yeah. But, they’re being super cool at my old place and paying me up until the 19th of September and I start work at the new place on the 1st September.

So, do I give them a P46 like? I imagine that’s gonna result in being on emergency tax for the first month? Unless they’re willing to wait till after the 19th for a P45

And should I tell them I’m still on the books at the old place, that’s not illegal right? As they agreed to let me go early and still pay me?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    When I got made redundant, they allowed me to leave up to one month early without penalty to my redundancy payment, including the ex gracia payment on top for company secrets.

Even though they are paying you up to a certain date, it is the date of leaving that counts. This is known as payment in lieu, especially for those who may have unspent holiday entitlement, or who are allowed to leave early, even though their finish date may be later.

The fact that you are being made redundant will mean your current employer has a duty of care in helping you find new employment, and is not allowed to obstruct such a venture. For example, if you needed time off to attend job interviews, or retraining, they are obliged to allow you these facilities. If they were to obstruct you in finding new employment or retraining, you could also claim for constructive dismissal on top of redundancy, as Employment Tribunals take a dim view of employers who are not flexible when dismissing employees for whatever reason.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    perhaps you could spend the day fishing? I find it calms the nerves and teaches one to roll with the punches life throws at you.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quitting my new Jawb!!1 After around 3/4 months of being there I've discovered they're all total douche-bags and offer no means of progression.

Thanks to working with recruiters for the past 4 years, I approached some last week and they got me and interview yesterday to do 'puter support for a merchant bank and I have the second interview this afternoon!!1111 :manker:

9. Lounge   -   #49
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Good luck, Mulder!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Four years ago, I joined an agency and got a months worth or work at a small plant building generators and lighting towers. That month got extended to another month, then another month. After four years, I am still there, on a full time contract, and working with R & D.

My electrical qualifications helped secure the initial post, and my ability secured further promotion.

This employer does not employ directly, but rather through agencies, and many others also do the same, such as Perkins Engines in Peterborough, UK. Direct recruitment seems to be disappearing fast, in favour of a 'try before you buy' technique.

Anyway, sometimes the job you land is not what you think it should be, and you must decide whether to weather that job, or change again. Sometimes, if you change too often, you can frighten off future employers, because they see you as a fleeting employee.

Still, if the job has no potential, and you feel wasted, the best thing you can do is to move on. Alternatively, take a shotgun to work and start blasting your co-workers. Eventually, you'll be disarmed by Police and prosecuted. This is where the fun begins, as you will find your celebrity status climbs. Write a few books, sell your film rights, and appear on Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, and the job offers will start to flood in. Next thing you know is that you will be appearing on GMTV with Phillip Schofeld and Holly Willoughby, and be offered your own daytime show in a similar vein to Jeremy Kyle (with a shotgun).

The future does look bright for you...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast