Thread: How to request your provider add missing groups

Not all providers carry the same groups in their feeds. I've watched several users get confused this week when a certain forum switched up where they were posting articles to. This is easily remedied. Just ask your provider to add the particular group(s). Here's a few to start:

Astraweb (requres login to Members panel)
    Blocknews
    Giganews
    Newsdemon
    Supernews
    Last edited by piercerseth; 09-05-2014 at 03:31 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I've already submitted the missing abtza and abtzb to Astra for inclusion but not showing yet, but they can take up to 48hrs unless SSL-N are not allowing it

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Dont hold your breath on astraweb adding new servers on request
    They ignore your request when you get in touch with them they claim these groups you request don't exist for them to add them.
    Last edited by myself12345; 09-03-2014 at 11:58 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by myself12345 View Post
    They ignore your request when you get in touch with them they claim these groups you request don't exist for them to add them.
    Then they're blowing smoke. No reason they can't, like XS/SSL-news magically stopped syncing.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    They added a group when I requested for it. But then after a year or so I tried requesting to add another one it didn't work so it's hit and miss.
    Some EU providers added it even when I wasn't their client.Giganews refused to add it straightaway because I wasn't their client.
    Last edited by Hypatia; 09-05-2014 at 08:11 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myself12345 View Post
    Then they're blowing smoke. No reason they can't, like XS/SSL-news magically stopped syncing.
    Oh no kidding i even showed they are available on tweaknews they ignored me.
    Few days ago bunch of us did the group request with no luck then we did again yesterday followed with an email asking why they wont add groups so far none of us got a response and of course the groups are still not available.
    Last edited by myself12345; 09-05-2014 at 01:23 PM.