Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, I am taking two classes this semester...

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    As some of you know, I am still trying to get a Bachelor's degree (yeah, yeah, I've been trying to do that since I was 18 years old). I am taking two classes this semester; one class is called Black Political Identity in the Transnational Context and the other class is called Calculus 2. Of course, everyone is required to take Calculus 2 in order to get a degree in computer science... and... everyone is required to take a Core course in order to satisfy the general college requirements. Black Political Identity is one of those Core courses. For obvious reasons, that class is much more interesting than Calculus 2. (Though I don't think I'll ever be able to find out in that class whether the average IQ of U.S. blacks is indeed 10 points lower than the average IQ of U.S. whites).
    ...My first calculus test will be on October 2nd... I hope I'll pass that class.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Black Political Identity in the Transnational Context. That's certain to be an unbiased class. lulz Probably taught by an angry black woman who has never smiled a day in her life. Fuck classes like that. You could find something much more appealing that would still fit the requirement.

Calc 2 was a bitch, but you'll wish you were back there once you start Differential Equations or Linear Algebra.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    (Though I don't think I'll ever be able to find out in that class whether the average IQ of U.S. blacks is indeed 10 points lower than the average IQ of U.S. whites).
    Ffs.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/j/jencks-gap.html
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    There are or at least were,built in biases.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Also I think it has something to do with not being able to swim.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    As some of you know, I am still trying to get a Bachelor's degree (yeah, yeah, I've been trying to do that since I was 18 years old). I am taking two classes this semester; one class is called Black Political Identity in the Transnational Context and the other class is called Calculus 2. Of course, everyone is required to take Calculus 2 in order to get a degree in computer science... and... everyone is required to take a Core course in order to satisfy the general college requirements. Black Political Identity is one of those Core courses. For obvious reasons, that class is much more interesting than Calculus 2. (Though I don't think I'll ever be able to find out in that class whether the average IQ of U.S. blacks is indeed 10 points lower than the average IQ of U.S. whites).
    ...My first calculus test will be on October 2nd... I hope I'll pass that class.
    I'm probably alone in my thinking as obviously if the World needs anything it's one more person with a degree in computer science but personally I would have far greater respect for you if you simply sold crack or kidnapped children's dogs so you could turn around and collect a reward for finding them.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    ffs.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    (Though I don't think I'll ever be able to find out in that class whether the average IQ of U.S. blacks is indeed 10 points lower than the average IQ of U.S. whites).
    Ffs.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/j/jencks-gap.html
    Jeebus, that's some dry reading. I believe it is correct. The disparities between blacks and whites in the US has deep Roots (puns ) that won't just sort themselves out. They haven't been solved, either. Did not read the entire article, but have come across the info elsewhere (albeit in more palatable forms). Differences go as far as nutritional differences, schools, media bias, tests designed that favor whites (how well would the majority of us do when being transposed into say a Native American/Indian school with different subculture?), access to computers/ high speed internet, professor bias (not all tests are performed blind to grader), etc.

Thing is, nobody has found a remedy. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was 50 years ago. At the current rate, I don't personally see full integration in the next 50 (3 generations*).

*5 for blacks
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Advice to Oleg: avoid that class like Ebola.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Wow, a whole two classes, ffs.

You are now thirty one/thirty two by my calculations and still playing with yourself (and) doing undergrad work, are you trying for the record on the worlds longest adolescence?
    Last edited by Artemis; 09-17-2014 at 04:05 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast