Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a new usenet provider

I meant mainstream tv/movies(I thought it was obvious).Nothing else I download seems to be affected. But the time frame may not actually be that small, but say something was released that night it's always gone by the morning for me.
    Last edited by Johndon; 10-24-2014 at 12:50 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndon View Post
    I meant mainstream tv/movies(I thought it was obvious)
    Nothing is 'obvious', then again, define your idea of what is 'mainstream'. If I adjust my eye/brain filter to the typical network broadcast tv fare, there does seem to be tons of it, all seemingly 'in the clear' (no obfuscation, no encryption) but the few things (from that kind of source) that make it to my DVR recorder 'series list' is pretty minimal. And I'll wait until it gets our on Bluray before making the decision to actually archive it away in one form or another.

There have been (in the recent past) high-profile (broadcast) network tv stuff that folks here and elsewhere reported being targeted pretty heavily, the one that sticks in my mind is 'The Arrow', although it's barely on stations that only loosely can be called a 'network' (what is it, the WB or UPN or what is it they're calling themselves this week?).

But again, whoever is going to the trouble of capturing it, processing it, and posting it, mostly isn't doing the most basic 'next step' of obfuscation/encryption, so at the end of the day, it's no wonder they get 'whacked'. But I guess they're relying on auto-grabbing schemes to distribute their 'work'. So if you aren't up with any of those, you're probably missing out.

Personally, I go that next step and like all the work I put into something, to LAST. But you're right, a lot of poster folks don't care, they're in a 'race' to post fast and get taken down fast.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Have a look at tweaknews.eu I use them and supernews. tweaknews is europe based and generally offers some quite reasonable packages. Also doesn't appear to suffer from takedowns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12