Thread: E Learning - I used to use bitme.org

I'm new to the site, but not new to torrents. About 5-7 years ago, I was an extremely active member on bitme.org. I had hundreds of gigs of traffic with ratios in the 2.0 - 5.0. I donated to the site frequently after about 2 months of using it, to help improve my ratio but also because I thought that the content was awesome and knowledge sharing should really be free.

I used a few of the lectures to help pass a history course in University. It was a great site. Something happened to my account - I lost access to bitme.org and could never get back on or get in touch with moderators. I felt pretty upset at the time - I felt I had invested a fair bit to be a part of the site, but I had a new family and life took me in a different direction.

I'd like to try and get back on that site or other elearning sites. Can anyone offer some ideas either for bitme or other sites that they know about? I have a young family and would love lectures/documentaries on child development. I'm in IT and would also be able to use IT related content. I have some content I can post as well....

Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated. this is my first post!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I'm pretty sure that you won't get back into Bitme with another account as its one account per person per lifetime. Only way is to get your old account enabled....accounts there are never deleted, just disabled.

Other than that the sites I know of that have similar content, although nowhere near the quantity, are Bitspyder and Elbitz.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you won't get back into Bitme with another account as its one account per person per lifetime. Only way is to get your old account enabled....accounts there are never deleted, just disabled.

Other than that the sites I know of that have similar content, although nowhere near the quantity, are Bitspyder and Elbitz.
    Just to add to what "ghurka" said, It you remember your username, go to there IRC.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm sorry to trouble anyone with this. But I tried that and I'm so poor at this stuff that I don't know how the irc works. Do I download and install an irc client? And how do I know what the irc address is?

I installed something from mirc.com. I'm unclear about connecting to a server vs connecting to a channel. When it first opens, it says I'm in "freenode" which is a random server. There seem to be dozens of IRC Servers and none say 'bitme' I try to create a custom one, but I don't understand the lingo. It's asking for a server and a 'group'. the port is 6667.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quick and dirty IRC guide:
    • download mIRC from here.
    • run it, you'll get a popup about registering it, etc. Hit Continue.
    • you'll get a dialog asking you for some details. Enter your name, e-mail address, your BitMe username under nick. Press OK.
    • you'll see an empty chat window with a text field at the bottom. Type /server irc.bitme.org and press Enter. Wait for it to connect.
    • type /join #bitme.help and press Enter. You should be on the help channel. You can talk there.

Some etiquette: state your problem once you join, be patient, and don't privately message any staff members.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DrParker's Avatar Pro Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    silent2k8's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    dont use bitme or other sites realted like bitmetv..bad management they ban people for nothing,,hard to maintain ratio they block lot of countries..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by silent2k8 View Post
    ...bad management they ban people for nothing.
    As in your case it wouldn't be for nothing and anyway "Because I feel like it " isn't nothing.

As I side note I will say that last Christmas musicalmind had a thread on BitMe in which he would give you an invite to HDbits if you didn't belong to sites like this which is very hypocritical considering he's a member of this site.
    But then again I guess power breeds that particular type of asshole.
    Respect my lack of authority.