Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pc Specs

Poster
    That's true! the company ain't stupid that made the speed of ur CPU less than it's max ...they want to make them work for a longer period.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@24 November 2003 - 11:25

there is a way to overclock the comp. using onyl software and a cooling FAN
    it doesnt work for all cpus though.
    So I will assemble my very own comp. I will go for it
    If you want to spend nearly 2 grand, you can easily buy a laptop, and still have enough to build a Desktop as well.

2 grand would allow me for instance to be VERY liberal with building one, even as much so to go with Intel, and even actually purchase software.

But for instance, I went over to newegg.com and threw this together.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHistoryRe...=VIEW&ID=489642

Just under 1800, and we would ALL be jealous of it, it roxors. Still leave you with plenty of money to spend on a keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Why would he need 1.5 GB of ram? Also why not an asus mobo? And that case looks kinda weird..but thats just my opinion.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 November 2003 - 19:05
    Why would he need 1.5 GB of ram? Also why not an asus mobo? And that case looks kinda weird..but thats just my opinion.
    Just stuff I was throwing together, and btw, there are other companies out there other than ASUS

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Ok well ive never heard of that other brand so i was just wondering why he wouldnt get a really good name board...and 1.5GB of ram seems like a lil too much...it would save him like 80 bux to just have 1 GB and thats plenty. Other then that I like the system.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 November 2003 - 19:39
    Ok well ive never heard of that other brand so i was just wondering why he wouldnt get a really good name board...and 1.5GB of ram seems like a lil too much...it would save him like 80 bux to just have 1 GB and thats plenty. Other then that I like the system.
    I THREW IT TOGETHER.

And besdies he could be doing Video editing for all I know, 1.5GB would be an advantage for that.

Okay, well, serious video editing.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    John,
    Two comments about the system that you cobbled together...

1) Forget the Zalman heatsink. Waste of money and too many disadvantages ( weight and size) for the purported advantages.

2) Looking at your sig, I&#39;m surprised that you picked a board with a VIA chipset.
    I wouldn&#39;t insist on Asus, but I think a nVidia chipset based board would be better.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by supersonic@24 November 2003 - 15:33
    That&#39;s true&#33; the company ain&#39;t stupid that made the speed of ur CPU less than it&#39;s max ...they want to make them work for a longer period.
    While it&#39;s true that they are "not stupid", the chipmakers also have to plan for situations that may not exist in your computer.
    I&#39;m certain that they plan on the worst case scenario when it come to cooling, and from what I&#39;ve seen the computer manufacturers deliver.
    If you are willing to do some work improving your airflow/heat dissipation then I think you can safely OC (moderately) with no trouble at all.
    My setup with a AMD 2600+ clocked up to 2300MHz runs almost 10C cooler than my Mom&#39;s eMachines with a stock 2200+ chip.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=51227

why not just that...my dream pc haha...well actually a server i think..but wouldnt having that ROCK?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Holly molly it&#39;s more than 6000 buckz, but it is a server anyways.
    I will just go to Futureshop or best buy or sum other "Illegal" computer shops and ask for the best of everything. I hope I wont end up with 7000 bux
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast