Thread: simpsons s26e04 720p ntb problems... anybody help??

Hi all,

Usually Ntb files are pretty good, (it would have been nice if I could have got a Yfn version but it seems a no go)....

For some unknown reason simpsons s26e04 720p web-dl ntb mkv crashes every thing i try to play it on.... thats from an JB atv2 to a tower with xp sp3, to a laptop with win7 64bit.

So I decided to simply rip the mkv and do a quick re-encode... this went okay, but errors occurred when re-encoding saying something along the lines that "timings were missing".

This was true because when i tried to replay the file the audio was totally out of sync.

I've tried SMMAVITrimmer to cut the mkv but the mkv in question crashes the software in exactly the same place that the mkv crashes any replay software.

I wanted to trim the start and end crap from the mkv. This works 99% of the time until I get a file like this one.
    I would then use srted to adjust the subs, save them, and then use mkvtoolnix to re-encode, the trimmed video, audio and subs.

Does anyone know if there was a sync issue with this simpsons episode, or if there was a propered version, or possibly a version by Yfn.

I know about killers, and other versions, but I prefer the episodes without any extra wording on screen.

any help would be much appreciated chaps....

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm fuzzy how to debate this.I'm pretty solid on The Simpsons being horrible crap for at least the last decade but after that I lose the gist of the argument.

As for killers,I try to avoid them most the time as except for the periods I spend on FST I generally want to live. And yes, I expect this response to go over well but that's just me,Mr Optimistic.If nothing else I might have caused Rart some grief so basically,rin

Btw I would add that is a lot of work to essentially waste your time but then I just wrote the above.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Nice one IdolEyes787,

Strangely I have to admit the same about the simpsons.... but the kids love it... so I have to suffer it. lol

I've just got the 1080p Ntb version, gonna see if they managed to F76k this one up too....

cheers for the reply though..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm pretty sure sadsack posted in the drawing room because Simpsons is a cartoon. Where else would you post about animation issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Sorry chaps.... for posting in here...

it was a toss of the coin between here and "Movies & TV"..... I apologize if it upset anyone for posting in the wrong place...

It seems the 1080p version does not suffer from the sync issues.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    See, Idol, not every situation needs to be met with callousness and/or rage. Sadsack seems like a perfectly reasonable guy.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    No posts by anyone in the last 12 hours except for some nzbin type talking about nzbin stuff.
    Yeah whatever,last rat to leave the sinking ship.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    There are no rats, only Zuul...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Somebody's been watching the anniversary edition of Ghostbusters.