Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys, do you think the new WTC tower will be attacked by terrorists again?

..... BT Rep: +2
    Retro,such a conspiracy theorist. You may be right. It would be unthinkable but the mind,actions and motivations of a person never surprise me.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pone4444 View Post
    Retro,such a conspiracy theorist. You may be right. It would be unthinkable but the mind,actions and motivations of a person never surprise me.

The whole concept of taking a life is alien to me, so someone who can take the lives of many is utterly incomprehensible.

For me, those cowards who kill using devices of mass destruction, such as bombs and grenade, are the biggest cowards. To kill indiscriminately those that you don't even know is a henious act against humanity, and those who commit such acts have given up the right to be called human.

Man's greatest strength is his compassion, and forgiveness. If more people forgave, there would be less strife in the world. Compassion means you should look after those around you as well as yourself.

For example, Dion is a dick, but I would not wish him to suffer, even though he is a dick. Knowing he is a dick is punishment enough for him, and we must show compassion because he cannot help being a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You're deeming Man to be superior for not killing except out of need which last time I checked was something every other animal on the planet does as a simple fact of being.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    The whole concept of taking a life is alien to me, so someone who can take the lives of many is utterly incomprehensible.

For me, those cowards who kill using devices of mass destruction, such as bombs and grenade, are the biggest cowards. To kill indiscriminately those that you don't even know is a henious act against humanity, and those who commit such acts have given up the right to be called human.

Man's greatest strength is his compassion, and forgiveness. If more people forgave, there would be less strife in the world. Compassion means you should look after those around you as well as yourself.

For example, Dion is a dick, but I would not wish him to suffer, even though he is a dick. Knowing he is a dick is punishment enough for him, and we must show compassion because he cannot help being a dick.
    Forgive me, I mean no troll. Your philosophies have peaked my interest. In your first line, you say taking a life is alien to you. Did you mean human life or life in general?
    Today is the day.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan View Post
    Forgive me, I mean no troll. Your philosophies have peaked my interest. In your first line, you say taking a life is alien to you. Did you mean human life or life in general?
    Both. Too many people die needlessly, from many different reasons.

For example, which is worse? Someone who dies from a terrorist attack or someone who dies because the medicine needed to save their life was withheld due to the expense?

People die from terrorism. People die from keeping the peace. People die for no good reason.

Life is precious. It is so easy for those in power to forget that we each have a limited time on this planet of ours, and their compunction to press a button to wipe out thousands of innocents comes too easily for them.

In the past, war was fought one on one, yet today we have weapons that can kill hundreds of thousands, and even millions. Such devastation is a travesty.

Let's hope that those in power can keep their hands away from those little buttons that can wipe out half of humanity.
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Short answer no, long answer yes.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    This. However, I'm still expecting those sneaky Japs to hit Pearl Harbor again.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    But it is only longer by one character. Compared to a word such as 'unemcumbered', which contains twelve characters, 'yes' and 'no' are considered extremely short, only being trumphed by words such as 'I' and 'a'.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Trumphed isn't a recognized word,Mr. Chipping.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Look for Obama to surrender if we take a good left to the ribs stateside.

That's the prevailing opinion here, at least among the the sentient crowd.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast