Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malware on p2p

What problems does malware cause when it's downloaded with a file on a p2p network. What problems could occur ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Would malware make it share personal documents across the p2p network. I've read that on an article recently. Don't know how accurate it was. I thought malware would give the hacker that info but not the whole p2p community for it to be available for download.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    "Malware" is a pretty general term.

Yes, malware can collect your personal info, even passwords and usernames and share that information back across the web.

yo

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I mean can they change your share folder on p2p network and make all your personal documents shared through p2p or is that likely

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm fairly sure you were given the answer in the threads you started on your other account...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I've never asked anything about malware

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    I've never asked anything about malware
    Just stop using p2p utilities like Bearshare and Kazaa. Those are typically programs people used when they first learned about sharing files 15 years ago. Very few people still use them today when compared to Bittorrent, Usenet, and a few others.

yo

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
    What problems does malware cause when it's downloaded with a file on a p2p network. What problems could occur ?
    Malware can do anything really. One of the more common types will hide on your computer and use your upload bandwidth to send out mass emails.

I would stay far away from old fashioned p2p clients. Either use usenet or get yourself a seedbox and use torrents. Paying a little money (~15 a month) goes a long way to protect you and make your shilesharing experience better.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ryback81 View Post
    Malware can do anything really.
    This is true. I read a story about a guy who woke up in a blood-soaked bathtub filled with ice, missing a kidney. Turns out malware took it...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    This is true. I read a story about a guy who woke up in a blood-soaked bathtub filled with ice, missing a kidney. Turns out malware took it...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast