Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movies with set up files.

Just downloaded two versions of Kingsman....full length files.............both had the same message and exe files.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lance55433 View Post
    fyi if you see a .exe file delete or format your hard drive and reinstall windows.
    why on earth format the drive? what garbage
    no, movie files dont have a exe
    the easiest way to check a movie is after youve d-loaded 1 or 2 rar files, unrar or unzip it but tick the box "keep broken files"
    yes it will error but if its real you can open the movie file briefly with vlc media player.
    and you can see if its a exe or not

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    In some ways the take down of files has made things easier.

The majority of posts of things to good to be true usually are, and the majority of uploaders hide thier files as well, there are some more things you can do. So these posts that sound to good to be true...are.

1. Look at pre sites and see if they exist.
    2. If you are downloading straight from a search engine, click on the name of the poster and see if he/she/it has uploaded anything else, you usually find its one post, or lots of other films to good to be true.
    3,. Look for clues in the filename, for some reason these fake postings never same to label things correctly
    4. Use Linux then the exes mean nothing

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    These have all been downloaded from Newsgroups so I always check file sizes before starting downloads.
    Both of these files were around the 900mb total including the Par files and the extracted AVI was 750mb. The Codec folder that was unzipped had the exe file in it.
    I have not run it...not that stupid but just getting miffed at the number of files in Newsgroups that I am downloading with this in it.

This is what I get as readout.....

Subject: Kingsman.The.Secret.Service.2014.AC3.BDRiP.XviD-hek.part01.rar [03/69] - "Kingsman.The.Secret.Service.2014.AC3.BDRiP.XviD-hek.part01.rar" yEnc (1/41)
    Sender: [email protected] (XviDo)
    Date: 1-Aug-2014 04:18

This is a RAR file set.
    There are 75 sections and 2,575 individual messages in the file set.
    The entire set of files is about 1.07 GB.
    Last edited by shanopolos; 02-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    See straight away to me it is obvious as it says BDRip....99.999% of the time a Proper release group would release a BDrip first.. and who is hek ? So usually you would see a Cam then Webrip with HC subs, then Webrip then BDrip as this is the pattern releases are coming out nowadays, unless its Screener time.

Just because it has Par files and says its Xvid only means these sad #@$% have bandwidth to waste, the film does not exist, so it does not matter how many surveys and the likes you take its just an empty video file, and like I said the majority of releases are hidden files now, so a plain release name is usually a hoax for films nowadays.

And....thats download is 185 days old, and the movie is did not come out in the Cinemas till Dec 14 ?

Heres another tip for you, select the full name and search it in Google, if all you see is hits for it on Nzb search engines, its again very very likely its a fake, as usually these films come out in torrents or Http sites before they end up on the groups.
    Last edited by madjock; 02-02-2015 at 07:45 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Sometimes, the files will be films or episodes of something, that are offset, somehow, so that it just displays as a mess, or won't play at all.

There are tools you can use to fix them, but it's kind of pointless, because they will hardly ever be what they are said to be.

What is pretty much universally true, is that they don't need a special codec, and that whatever the exe installs, it isn't a codec.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Especially in this case, if you do click on the Poster in Binsearch, he had a listing of films way before their cinema date, all in amazing BDrip and DVDRips.

I think what some of them have done is find out that Binsearch and the likes show passworded files in the description, so instead of the classic enter this site to get password, try this fake. and indeed the filenames show up from inside these releases, so makes them look real.

Maybe a case of Studio contracts doing this to put people off downloading, same idea as fake files on Torrents.
    Last edited by madjock; 02-02-2015 at 08:22 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    run from all exe files when you are getting movies.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman View Post
    run from all exe files when you are getting movies.
    Fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12