Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies with set up files.

Didn't exactly know where to posts this but am fed up with downloading a film only for it not to play when I try to open it.
    They usually have an nfo attached which says....
    If you get the error: Can't play the file.

Install the codecs from the /Codec/ Directory.

Enjoy the movie!!
    Except the only other file is a setup.exe so I am instantly suspicious.

If it was just the one film it would not be so bad but just lately every damned film I have tried has it......as a thought though...its always the newer releases.

Rant over.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I've only seen that twice out of hundreds of movies. I'd drop that setup.exe into https://www.metascan-online.com/en or https://www.virustotal.com/ just to see what it comes up with but guarantee it would be something dodgy

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Movies with set up files.
    = fake, delete them instantly.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Smasher9a View Post
    I've only seen that twice out of hundreds of movies. I'd drop that setup.exe into https://www.metascan-online.com/en or https://www.virustotal.com/ just to see what it comes up with but guarantee it would be something dodgy
    Thanks.....25 out of 41 found a threat...mainly adware results.
    Checked a few of the others I have too and all came back similar.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Pretty much as i expected they would. What anon said, fake, delete them and find a another site to download from

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You guys are waaaay too suspicious. The latest Hollywood blockbusters that have only been in theaters for a couple of days and are already available as 1080p Blurays have to be distributed on unique codecs. I say turn off your antivirus (some codecs don't work with commercial products running in the background), and enjoy the free movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Apparently someone in Hollywood cares for my welfare seeing how I have no desire to see any of that shit currently being put out.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You guys are waaaay too suspicious. The latest Hollywood blockbusters that have only been in theaters for a couple of days and are already available as 1080p Blurays have to be distributed on unique codecs. I say turn off your antivirus (some codecs don't work with commercial products running in the background), and enjoy the free movies.
    Those codecs are so efficient they sometimes can compress an entire movie into 200 KB, evidently some big budget went into R&D there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Those codecs are so efficient they sometimes can compress an entire movie into 200 KB, evidently some big budget went into R&D there.
    That's so you can show off your mad computer skillz at work on your iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    fyi if you see a .exe file delete or format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast