Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Rip/Download Audio From YouTube?

whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Hello!

I'm looking for a plugin/website that could rip me the Originalaudio track from the video. I download streaming Videos through IDM plugin but the problem I'm having is that I've to download unnecessary data just to get the audio track from it. Yesterday I downloaded 97 MB file and I only wanted 4 MB audio track from it.

I've tried few websites that rips the audio and transcode them to MP3 but the real problem with sites like these are they only giving me 128 k/bits. Upon Anon's suggestion I've tried some Opera plugins but none suites to my needs.

So, is there any website which can rip the Originalaudio? or Opera Plugin to do the same.

Thanks guys.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    YouTube added the possibility of downloading a video's original audio stream for a while now. SMTube (a neat little YT browser included with SMPlayer) and SaveTube (an extension available for most browsers, Opera included) can do this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    YouTube added the possibility of downloading a video's original audio stream for a while now. SMTube (a neat little YT browser included with SMPlayer) and SaveTube (an extension available for most browsers, Opera included) can do this.
    Search on "Savetube" led me to a website which is actually giving me 320 kbps. That helps, thanks Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrom View Post
    No matter what bitrate settings you choose, it cuts off at 16.5 which is 128 kbps.
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 01-29-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    Search on "Savetube" led me to a website which is actually giving me 320 kbps. That helps, thanks Anon.
    Yes, there's a couple of sites with that or similar names, and they usually show up among the first results. The extension can be found here if you still want to try it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    You can use a YouTube video down loader add on for Firefox and then use Audacity to save just the audio.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    wishingwell
    jdownloader 2 beta has built in support for youtube video and/or audio. after you install it you can have it listen for links on your clipboard. it'll automatically recognize youtube links and provide you a list of things you want to download. if you want the video, choose the video (usually .mp4) item to download. if you just want the audio, choose the audio file (usually m4a). You can then take you m4a and convert it to another format such as .mp3 using whatever tool you want.

you don't have to use the clipboard. you can enter items directly too.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Zoidbort's Avatar Poster
    I use Replay Media Catcher, does it all and works really well.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    There are a few problems in this space, not even keepvid seems to be working these days.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    The SaveTube script works for me...

I wish they'd fix SMTube already, that program was very easy to use and downloaded videos at lightning fast speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast