Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 grabs

I sure liked this site. It doesn't stay current, as it doesn't immediately index everything like other nzb sites do but it does avoid getting spammed with TV floods (for example) and it does seem to usually beat other sites with game releases and is usually close with movie releases.
    Other sites seem to stick to a '5 grab' policy so I had to be careful dividing the grabs for getting nightly tv shows during the week. Here, was it ten? It was great, I never had to worry about hitting a limit. Sometimes I could just click, click, click and I had everything I needed without having to go somewhere else. Then just recently, "You have hit your 2 limit and have to go elsewhere to get your nzb although you are staring right at it" message.

My FST tab gets loaded along with all my other "entertainment" tabs everyday when I "open all in tabs" so the FST gets a hit or multiple hits from me everyday no matter what. I thought "well, that really, really sucks!" and thought well, I could go to the effort of removing FST from my entertainment tabs and just open FST when I need to, which isn't very often if the limit is 2 grabs. This is the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with the decision to reduce the amount to the ridiculous amount of 2, by being spiteful and removing my 'hit count' for the site which would make a real life impact on the sites count that it shows to its advertisers. But meh, that is more work. I just want my meager amount of nzbs.

Of course, everyone attached to the site in some way will say the usual "Just pay bub". Maybe I would if FST was my one stop shop for all the most recent releases, but it isn't. I have to go elsewhere to get the releases, maybe 4-6 per weekday, that I need.

I paid for Matrix and once down, found FST and other sites that offered the same indexing service but they were all spread out and the sites were no where close to how great matrix was. There are other "just pay bub" sites out there where you can't even see the nzbs. Maybe FST should go that route, then I will remove FST from my "open in all tabs".

Yes this post is negative, it is not meant to offend, it is just my opinion and take on the sharing vs. paying. A post was put up about why people don't post in the forums. Maybe now you know why, most people just want their nzbs. I, like most, live a busy life. I don't have time to hang out in forums or have other places to go where the membership is robust (private torrent sites for example).

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Wow 2nzbs a day is a stinger. I get it, I have got to post more, but I've always posted many thanks to the posters, don't the thank yous count as a post?

I do spend quite a bit of time on this forum, reading the articles, it is very informative and I have learnt quite a bit from doing so. Do you really want my opinion on everything I read, because I do find a lot of nonsense being posted, people giving a score out of 10 for movies, do you think Liam Neeson is too old for these types of movies and do I like twix. These are just some of the things I have read in posts. You have to dig in a lot of dirt to find a gem and when I find a gem I leave a post, even if it is just a thank you. For example, I have read a lot of stuff about setting up VPN accounts and encryption through the use of this site which was fantastic but everything in the post had already been said - what is the point of me going over it all again with the people who post.

Just a few thoughts - I don't wish to offend

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    why dont you's just pay the $12?
    its what, a big mac meal & a coke in value

yea yea, i pay on other sites bla bla
    i do too, its still cheaper then renting or buying movies
    atleast here theres barely any fakes or spam

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhead View Post
    You have to dig in a lot of dirt to find a gem and when I find a gem I leave a post, even if it is just a thank you.
    Why not be one of those who post gems? That's what makes a forum work.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    I merged both threads.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk3 View Post
    I sure liked this site. It doesn't stay current, as it doesn't immediately index everything like other nzb sites do but it does avoid getting spammed with TV floods (for example) and it does seem to usually beat other sites with game releases and is usually close with movie releases.
    Other sites seem to stick to a '5 grab' policy so I had to be careful dividing the grabs for getting nightly tv shows during the week. Here, was it ten? It was great, I never had to worry about hitting a limit. Sometimes I could just click, click, click and I had everything I needed without having to go somewhere else. Then just recently, "You have hit your 2 limit and have to go elsewhere to get your nzb although you are staring right at it" message.

My FST tab gets loaded along with all my other "entertainment" tabs everyday when I "open all in tabs" so the FST gets a hit or multiple hits from me everyday no matter what. I thought "well, that really, really sucks!" and thought well, I could go to the effort of removing FST from my entertainment tabs and just open FST when I need to, which isn't very often if the limit is 2 grabs. This is the only way I can express my dissatisfaction with the decision to reduce the amount to the ridiculous amount of 2, by being spiteful and removing my 'hit count' for the site which would make a real life impact on the sites count that it shows to its advertisers. But meh, that is more work. I just want my meager amount of nzbs.

Of course, everyone attached to the site in some way will say the usual "Just pay bub". Maybe I would if FST was my one stop shop for all the most recent releases, but it isn't. I have to go elsewhere to get the releases, maybe 4-6 per weekday, that I need.

I paid for Matrix and once down, found FST and other sites that offered the same indexing service but they were all spread out and the sites were no where close to how great matrix was. There are other "just pay bub" sites out there where you can't even see the nzbs. Maybe FST should go that route, then I will remove FST from my "open in all tabs".

Yes this post is negative, it is not meant to offend, it is just my opinion and take on the sharing vs. paying. A post was put up about why people don't post in the forums. Maybe now you know why, most people just want their nzbs. I, like most, live a busy life. I don't have time to hang out in forums or have other places to go where the membership is robust (private torrent sites for example).
    In short, you USE the site but DO NOT CONTRIBUTE anything. That's called a deficit. There is no reason why anyone should care how you are effected.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    why not just make it paid site for nzbs?
    stops the wingers & contributes $ at the same time
    id rather pay up then scroll through the other sites with 100s fakes & no comments

talking about comments
    you can understand a little of people not posting
    take spary here thats paid up but has 3 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparky15 View Post
    I'm sure there will be a lot more posts with n00bs like me onboard.

old members reply:
    Add "shit" to that statement and it sounds about right.

so is he saying if you dont have 15,000 post like him all your posts are just "shit" ?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk3 View Post

When I was in the Marines and thankfully only had to deal with whiny tab talking homosexuals such as yourself while killing them,we use to have this saying "There are no obstacles,only opportunities".

Also I don't see the logic in you pretending to be too "busy" to write a mere ten posts while at the same time complaining how you can only download two TV shows and night and are extremely restricted in the number of video games you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by philquad View Post
    old members reply:
    Add "shit" to that statement and it sounds about right.

so is he saying if you dont have 15,000 post like him all your posts are just "shit" ?
    No I'm saying they're shit because most don't actually really say anything and I don't know how many more variations of "The Flash is my favourite show because I'm 14 and have no taste " I can take.
    I mean literally what is the point of these "favourite" stuff threads when all answers are basically the same?
    Or what is the purpose of the Breaking Bad thread when it now consists of people only saying "Gee gonna watch Gotta Call Saul"?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-29-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    i think the sites due for a overhaul
    4000 day old stickies & 500 day old post, no wonder it taste stale
    delete all the old crap, make a few new categories & it might get more interest

i posted about new amd socket in the computer bit days ok, not 1 reply
    wtf do these ppl download on? iphones? im friggin exited about 25 watt cpu's

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    4000 day old stickies & 500 day old post(s)
    I believe it's called charm.
    i posted about new amd socket in the computer bit days ok, not 1 reply
    wtf do these ppl download on? iphones? im friggin exited about 25 watt cpu's
    Even though I don't care about ghey stuff like that nonetheless I would have replied if it helped me download more NZBs .What can I say,I'm an ignorant whore.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast