Thread: good old aussie humour

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm more of a Local Hero butterflies and ghey rainbows sort of guy.Out of respect for your inability to spell Yankee correctly I'll watch it but if I get depressed or throw up it will be all your fault.

And by "your fault" I obviously mean my fault for being silly enough to ever listen to you.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-31-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    its a bit old
    a bit corny
    but it does have a few funny bits

what is ghey? gay? = homo?
    so much to learn, cant believe i was so naive to think that the last 15 years of internet i wasted not being here to learn from all your wisdom

and the movie supremacy? did you feel anything when danny glover belittled the nazi kid & made him cry?
    should have just shot him

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I watched it and it did have some good bits but mostly it was a mess of conflicting parts and warped imagery that maybe didn't really have a point.

I read that it was a parable about the loss of the "old Australia" to civility but frankly I didn't really get any of that and at some point I just wanted things to stop being so weird.

I don't think it was entirely the film as I basically don't enjoy anything by surrealists from Fellini to Terry Gilliam either except Time Bandits.
    Rod Taylor is always interesting though and until just a few hours ago I never knew he was Australian. Next thing you know somebody will try to tell me that A Fistful of Dollars was filmed in Italy and Peter Pan is really a woman.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-01-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    ok he was a aussie, i only know his as a older actor
    the time machine,
    yea its a bit over cooked, was made just to scare the septic tanks back in the old days
    must admit, most of our movies suck, thats why we watch all your crap
    forgive my punctuation, the extra typing kills my rotor cuff