Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is what.cd an outdated torrent website?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    So umm what's the point of having 2 mil torrents when you can't dl without worrying about your ratio?

And isn't their concept of "seed everything forever" an outdated and quite frankly ridiculous concept? I thought it would be a little more advanced in the 21st century.

So they say upload but most of what you have is probably on the site anyway. Filling requests takes an unreasonable amount of time to find stuff with a decent bounty plus it costs money. Suppose you do get that cd/app to fill a request, someone else did it like 1 min before you and you're screwed. So money =wasted and 0 gigs uploaded. Again an IMPRACTICAL and unmanageable concept.

Then their "freeleech" which happens like what once a year? So to get some music that I like I need to wait a whole year? Seriously?

Let's face it, what.cd has grown so big it's become unmanageable and is facing a leecher crisis. People with seedboxes and pocket money+free time to upload stuff/fill requests can thrive there but for everyone else its almost like rapidshare, get a little and be happy. That defeats the purpose of piracy.

Why not open up the site for pay to leech? Why not have more freeleeches or hand out tokens more frequently instead of having it like once a year? How about stop being so damn stingy all the time? It's quite clear they're trying to coerce uploads and keep like 7 yo torrents seeded. So what are reseed requests for then?
    I mean it's all nice n pretty, well organised but functionally what.cd just sucks cause the bottomline is you can't dl worth shit unless it's a freelech which happens once a year or some lame staff picks . If you dl FLAC goodluck being above the minimum ratio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Damn those people forcing you to use the site.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Didn't what.cd introduce some new ratio system a while back where as long as kept seeding your torrents the ratio requirements were lower? Is that still in effect?

Either way I really don't see the need for what.cd to be perfectly honest. Spotify pretty much satisfies all my needs in terms of music. For the small minority that still really cares about having pristine, locally stored flac rips of all their music, maybe they're willing to put up with all the hoops that what.cd forces you through.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Why not open up the site for pay to leech?
    I don't think thats the right way to go about it for any site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Because unlike 0-day sites those 7 year old torrents are actually in demand when new leechers come looking for a certain album.

I hit Elite there on a crappy home connection in about 6 months through some hard work. It's not impossible.

Pay to leech is a terrible idea and destroys torrent retention, which is the entire point of the site.

And yes, the lower required ratio system is still in effect. 20GB of free music (quite a bit if you're grabbing MP3s) before you even have a required ratio, assuming you keep everything seeded. And a paltry ratio requirement afterwards.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 02-09-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    I hit Elite there on a crappy home connection in about 6 months through some hard work.
    Yes but enough about your mental problems.

What I really want to know is how can there be a post-Rock when there's still Rock?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-09-2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

What I really want to know is how can there be a post-Rock when there's still Rock?
    Sand.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions00 View Post
    Damn those people forcing you to use the site.
    padutch is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Because unlike 0-day sites those 7 year old torrents are actually in demand when new leechers come looking for a certain album.

I hit Elite there on a crappy home connection in about 6 months through some hard work. It's not impossible.

Pay to leech is a terrible idea and destroys torrent retention, which is the entire point of the site.

And yes, the lower required ratio system is still in effect. 20GB of free music (quite a bit if you're grabbing MP3s) before you even have a required ratio, assuming you keep everything seeded. And a paltry ratio requirement afterwards.
    Yo caaok, can u tell the what.cd mods to have that mug rusak distribute his 260 TBs to poorer members? Why does he need that much?
    Last edited by soulreaper; 02-10-2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    It works for them, if you dont like it you could always spend all the real life money to buy the stuff you get there for free.
    LSS #1

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    It works for them, if you dont like it you could always spend all the real life money to buy the stuff you get there for free.
    Thing is anyone without a seedbox with a regular line(lets say 100 KB upload which is most internet connections unless you're in Seoul or Stockholm) have to go out of their way for upload credit. It's either fill requests or bust and finding torrents to fill requests isn't easy at all. They're basically saying to you "Upload torrents or gtfo" indirectly ofcourse. Why does every member expected to upload?

The seeder/leecher ratio = 88:25. Clearly overseeding is a problem in what.cd and the what.cd staff/reps keep deflecting from these problems. I mean even if I upload a torrent I won't get more than 1:1 with seedbox autosnatchers. The ratiosystem was designed to ensure everyone seeds back what they leech, but now others are seeding way more than they should preventing those who wanna share and thus inhibit their ability to download. That is a clear abuse of the system.

In short, seedboxers are killing regular users. Just ban the pricks, why don't they? Regular connections are fast enough to get your music, I don't see any reason for seedboxes besides buffering up to copious amounts that's probably never used. They're fucking up the ratio system, you know it, the staff know it yet they're allowed to abuse the system. Why?

I'm seeding 300 torrents and I haven't uploaded a byte for 2 weeks straight now. Seeding 300 torrents to gain 100 megs is already dumb. 100 megs is barely 1 album. LOL cmon get real.

The whole point of having a large "library" is that people are able to download whatever they want ,whenever they want. Most users have so much ratio anxiety that they go to rutracker and maybe even demonoid to get music and try to cross seed.....Defeats the purpose.Why have what.cd at all when people can't download comfortably? It's a broken system that needs fixing.

I mean why do people on let's say the piratebay upload? Do you think they get anything back? Nope they don't besides a thank you. TPB hasn't exactly crashed(besides govt raids), matter of fact they have one of the biggest selection of torrents. So why does what.cd complain about not having incentive to upload? That's a bullshit reason. Fact of the matter is those who like to upload will upload. Those who don't, won't like every other torrent site so I don't think those who don't wanna upload should be forced to do it....indirectly!
    Last edited by soulreaper; 02-10-2015 at 02:15 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    padutch is that you?
    I don't know who that is. sorry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast