Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Mirroring Idol's recommendation, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You can start with the movie, but it isn't necessary. The show takes place after the events of the film. Give it 5-6 episodes. The show gets going after the first season, IMO.

It isn't as much of a 'girly' show as you'd expect.

BTW, my daughter recommends My Little Pony, which isn't entirely bad, either...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Mirroring Idol's recommendation, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You can start with the movie, but it isn't necessary. The show takes place after the events of the film. Give it 5-6 episodes. The show gets going after the first season, IMO.

It isn't as much of a 'girly' show as you'd expect.

BTW, my daughter recommends My Little Pony, which isn't entirely bad, either...
    My Little Pony , Barney , Sesame Street , Thomas The Train Been there done that.... I have some reprieve until I am a grandfather (a long way to go I hope).

I didn't knock Buffy , my daughter did watch it , it is not on the long list of oldies to go back and watch yet.

Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Two and a Half Men - I don't know why you have such a hard on for this tv show. The show was funny as hell , but Charlie Sheen made it , so when he got kicked off you knew the show was in the toilet. When I rated the final ending show , it really ended at Charlie's funeral.
    Puerile in the absolute worst sense of the word.A sex comedy with no sex.A leering piece of trash where the unfunny premise is repeated ad naseum in the absence of plot or growth.
    I hope that's clear enough.

On the other hand Buffy which you so easily ridicule dealt honestly with real human issues like friendship and loss.

As for old shows to watch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it's spin off Angel.Give it time and I'm sure in a totally not sure way that you'll find them worthwhile l Stephen Bochco's Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue.Kolchak the Night Stalker and the TV movies that predate it.Uneven but at times brilliant.The X'files stand alone episodes.The first season of Moonlighting - where Willis got his smartass start..The Wonder Years.St Elsewhere.JAG.Airwolf sort of cool if one note.ER.Twin Peaks again the first season.
    Ok... Your feelings on Two and Half Men have been explained and understood . Kolchak the Night Stalker was a show I used to watch with my older brother it was great , I may check it out and add it to my list to re watch.
    Comparison List
    The Wonder Years -- The Goldbergs
    Er --The Night Shift
    Jag -- Ncis (all 3)
    NYPD-- Blue Bloods
    Hill Street Blues -- Law and Order SVU
    Moonlighting -- Castle

How many new Tv series , its funny I am looking for older ones to watch , when there really isn't enough time to watch all the new ones.

The big problem with a lot of the older series , a lot of them were canceled after a season or mid season , right when they start to become watchable. No sense to go back and watch them because there is no end.

Edit: Another show I just remembered that was a great show , and it had a great season final show was White Collar.
    Last edited by shaina; 04-07-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Shaky/Flaky start that has turned into an enjoyable series. Thanks to the network for giving this program a chance.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    There's a been a couple of decent episodes, but I'm a bit disappointed in the series overall. Hopefully they'll include a decent narrative arc next season.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    I didn't liked breaking bad, because it's too slow in the first season, is it the same for better call saul?

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by dagen View Post
    I didn't liked breaking bad, because it's too slow in the first season, is it the same for better call saul?
    Slower, even. Character development and all that useless shit.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    I dropped out after about 4 episodes. Is it worth watching the rest of the season?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Character development....
    Except most of it wasn't.

Basically the series gave me nothing as it was an extremely slow boil to get to a point I already knew.
    But if you'e a huge fan of sort of unnecessary backstory* or genuinely unlikable characters** then by all means.

Seriously the show really needs a Jesse character to create a counterpoint.

*On Breaking Bad the audience didn't care how "Saul" came to be.Unlike Walter White that's largely irrelevant to the character.
    **Literally wanted Chuck to die even before the big reveal.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-28-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I dropped out after about 4 episodes. Is it worth watching the rest of the season?
    Episode 6 is totally Mike-centric. Worth the watch if you enjoyed his BrBa character. Works as a standalone episode.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    I'll venture further in. Idol has some decent points on this one, though. I was hoping for more. Lenny (you know who I'm talking about) really does not add much other than the "nagging wife" effect, which shy of crying babies in movies/shows is about as absolutely irritating as it gets. I just end up hating them and wishing they would die off. So that doesn't really add to the morality/conscience aspect they are supposed to bring into the story.

We lose much of the tension created by knowing that certain characters (anyone we initially saw on BrBa) live. Mike has potential, so I will watch that 6th episode.

Anyone know (without giving spoilers) if the show has been renewed for a second season?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast