Thread: AMD APU's

I recently built a computer based around a AMD A10-7850K processor and I've been really happy with it so far. I wasn't building a dedicated gaming computer but like to be able to play some games on it. I was impressed that the 7850K could handle Shadow of Mordor at Med/High settings at 720p. I would recommend this processor for any budget builds.

Anyone else use an APU? Do you like it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just built a htpc for the living room,used AMD’s A6-6400K.First time I have ever used AMD,I am quite impressed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    They're ok for low-to midrange machines.

Have tried out several generations, for several different applications. Currently only using an E-series in a mini-pc which served as a minecraft server 24/7 for a few months over a year, actually.

For a gaming rig, I've been looking at something AMD as, in my experience, the graphics card matters way more anyways.

They're good value, as long as you know what you're getting and don't expect anything to rival Intel's better offerings.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-02-2015 at 05:24 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    philquad's Avatar Poster
    they are way easier for newbies to build
    as the new intel mobo's have the pins on the mobo, not cpu = easy to fuk up
    & amd heatsinks are easy on\off
    cheaper than intel for low budget cpus
    & 8 core still only under 300$ & if you want gaming its all in the card as said anyway
    amd rule
    ps. new quad core am1 socket are 25 watt
    while intel go back to the ark with a built in fanless cpu = cant swap cpu or board only both

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Looking to build/buy a mid range PC been looking at AMD's in comparison to Pentium, well capable for my needs, not really a gamer.