Thread: Any way to bypass Comcast's Sandvine throttle?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm fairly certain Concast is screwing with my ability to upload torrent bandwidth on some trackers. Download speed is great, and I've done port forward, and have eliminated all firewalls.

Not necessarily having trouble with ratios, but am a bit irritated with Concast fuckery. I should be in control of what/how much I want to upload...

All of the info I came across was from 2007. Anything newer?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    How does the fuckery work exactly? Do you get very slow upload speeds, or do they begin to rise, then plummet to zero? There's a fix for the latter (wipfw set to ignore the RST flag on your client's outgoing ports), but it requires both sides to install it, so it's not very effective. In both cases, changing your uTorrent's bt.transp_disposition to use uTP only is a possible fix, at the cost of increasing bandwidth usage somewhat. And of course, a VPN should also work.

Have you already run the Glasnost test to confirm Comcast is at fault?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    They begin to rise, then plummet. I have not run any tests, but have noticed this long term. Will play with the options you gave me.

Thanks, anon.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Have you already run the Glasnost test to confirm Comcast is at fault?
    Thanks for that link. Didn`t know someone had done a test tool for checking but most useful

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    You're both welcome, and for the record, here's the solution for ignoring the RST I mentioned above.

https://sites.google.com/site/wakarimasu/windows
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."