View Poll Results: Do you use FST as your primary NZB source for TV shows?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 33.33%
  • No

23 58.97%
  • WTF does FST or NZB or WTF stand for?

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you use FST as your primary NZB source for TV shows?

DngrMs's Avatar Super Rodent

Question Mark

If you don't understand "primary" in this context it means "first" or "main" or "most often" or something similar in your language.
    Just like the NSA, I'm compelled to copy everything I want to.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    A good portion of the ones who do can't be assed to check the forums, let alone click a button that isn't "Create .NZB"
    Last edited by piercerseth; 04-17-2015 at 10:09 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    A good portion of the ones who do can't be assed to check the forums, let alone click a button that isn't "Create .NZB"
    I used to "BE ONE"
    Never looked at a forum, came for my 10 by saying "HELLO"
    Now over 500 posts and having fun (well... sometimes)

Oh the real question?? No!! I do not use FST as my main source of NZB's, but the forums are fun
    Last edited by shaina; 04-18-2015 at 05:35 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I understand this, and it's a pity because I think there's the essence of a community here.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in the statistical results as some NZB's get 150+ hits in the first few hours and I wondered how much of that spilled over to the forums. Hence the poll.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I didn't mean to knock you or the poll.

Just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by DngrMs View Post
    I understand this, and it's a pity because I think there's the essence of a community here.
    Could be worse, we could be /r/usenet (save for a handful of posters that place is a shit show).
    Last edited by piercerseth; 04-19-2015 at 01:59 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I didn't mean to knock you or the poll.
    Never perceived it as such but thanks nevertheless.

... /r/usenet ...
    Ugh

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Nevertheless, I'm interested in the statistical results as some NZB's get 150+ hits in the first few hours and I wondered how much of that spilled over to the forums. Hence the poll.
    You are kidding right??
    Out of 600 members (and I know there is more)... You are lucky if 20 people, that post in a forum (on the lounge side since I started posting maybe you see 10 and that is not consistent ).
    And if there is a stat that shows more , that would be new people posting to get there 10 posts to increase there downloads. Once that is done you don't see any of them on a consistent basis.

And if you make a pole....And you add , It will not count as a post to increase the 10 needed, I be amazed if anyone would vote.
    Just my opinion as a new poster, and it is not intended to insult anyone , it is just my observation.
    Last edited by shaina; 04-20-2015 at 05:57 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Never fear, I'm not relying on these statistics to submit a UN funding application, if it ends up being a failed poll so be it.

Nevertheless, if the stats are to be believed then it's already interesting (70/20).

I find the "spotted" content here (TV shows) far more valuable than the dragnet Newznab type sites. If an NZB I want isn't posted I tend to put it up and the daily 'list' of collections seems pretty comprehensive.

Maybe I can follow up with another perfectly infallible poll "Can you find the TV content you want on FST (Y/N)?"

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Never fear, I'm not relying on these statistics to submit a UN funding application, if it ends up being a failed poll so be it.

Nevertheless, if the stats are to be believed then it's already interesting (70/20).

I find the "spotted" content here (TV shows) far more valuable than the dragnet Newznab type sites. If an NZB I want isn't posted I tend to put it up and the daily 'list' of collections seems pretty comprehensive.

Maybe I can follow up with another perfectly infallible poll "Can you find the TV content you want on FST (Y/N)?"
    If your poll is "Can you find the TV content you want on FST (Y/N)"??It is a loaded question , I would say yes , but you would also have to add
    "Do You See It Posted Here First (Y/N)"?? Then my answer is NO. But it does get here later than sooner in most cases.
    Don't get me wrong DngrMs , this site is ok , but it is not close to some private sites or a few public ones.
    If you want the ones I am speaking of just PM me and I will list them for you.
    I wouldn't knock this site because I do like the forums here , but I say again this is not my primary site for NZB. I download over a terabyte a month on a regular basis , look at my downloads from this site , that will paint a picture (already the NZB is Uploaded somewhere else and I have downloaded even before the NZB is here in most cases , not all) , even with my restrictions on how many downloads I have never used close to max out the limit here.
    Sometimes I ask myself what this sites purpose is ??
    Is it a talk site first or a NZB etc. site first ??
    Some people have mixed feelings on the priority here so I really don't know what is.....

Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 04-22-2015 at 07:04 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    How can a (essentially) free site compete with those running usenet (along with their 'private' websites and usually encrypted postings) as a business?

Can't.

They and their ilk can't be bothered to do the absolute minimum of obfuscation to hide their postings, allowing any and all to retrieve them with the nano-watt of brain power it takes to unlock the keys. But that's not the reason why, but making money is.

At the end of the day, they will eventually fade away, as folks will figure out that commercial services are easier and cheaper in the long run.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast