Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Copy Windows Xp

Ok. This was the general idea i had from reading NFOs of SP1 & SP2 and talking to other people who claim to have "personal experiences".

That you could install XP Pro Corp and update it untill you turn blue because there was no serial that could be recognized (either initially or eventually) that was banned.

But with XP Home. if you tried to update a banned serial it would cut off have way in the download. and if it was not YET banned, that eventually by updating certain windows components, messenger, outlook etc.., they would find out you have a bogus number and bann it.

I know they can read your number everytime you update. but with Pro Corp i assume there is no number to read.

OK , end of argument :x. i will take into consideration what people with personal experience claim.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Poster
    Originally posted by Russo@25 November 2003 - 18:27
    but with Pro Corp i assume there is no number to read.

No, there is still a number. The activation process is disabled though. If you have a "bad" VLK, you will still need to do the steps to change the "product key" before it will allow updates.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    balaam "paid" for his education ? musta been cheap ! anyone who uses "ominous" instead of the correct-in-context 'onerous' is a moron...balaam is a egotist with an inferiority complex...a person with a little ego and. most likely. no life. suggest getting one

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Poster
    I wondered when you would show up. You're late. And bitter. I can only wonder what made you what you are. Probably sexual inadequacy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by konnie@26 November 2003 - 03:06
    balaam "paid" for his education ? musta been cheap ! anyone who uses "ominous" instead of the correct-in-context 'onerous' is a moron...balaam is a egotist with an inferiority complex...a person with a little ego and. most likely. no life. suggest getting one

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Gee Connie, many educators also advocate the correct use of caps and punctuation.
    You may have been sick that day.

People in glass houses...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by konnie@26 November 2003 - 02:06
    wow dude you just dissed the wrong guy....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567