Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BTN getting DMCA notices too???

Question Mark

img.png

How did this happen? Thought BTN torrent site was secure and invite only?

How many more are coming?

http://prntscr.com/6xu2zs
    http://prntscr.com/6xu297

Should i stop using the site from now on to be safe?

Note: Im really sorry for double post, it seems my first thread is not opening properly. Please delete other one and approve this one.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Metalfr33k; 04-25-2015 at 11:07 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalfr33k View Post

How many more are coming?

http://prntscr.com/6xu2zs
    http://prntscr.com/6xu297

Should i stop using the site from now on to be safe?

Note: Im really sorry for double post, it seems my first thread is not opening properly. Please delete other one and approve this one.

Thank you.
    Wouldn't go as far telling you what to do / which sites to use. But, just use common sense in such cases.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I got my first DMCA notices in years while seeding the leaked copies of GoT (eps 3 & 4). This happened on Sunday.

Seems HBO didn't like their stuff released ahead of schedule.

Interestingly enough, I was seeding the first two eps at the same time and did not receive such notices.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalfr33k View Post
    Anybody that thinks a site with 35,000 users (heck, any site over 1000 users really) is safe from copyright trolls are kidding themselves.

DMCAs aren't a huge deal as long as you don't rack up too many of them, but if you're really worried about it I would just recommend avoiding pre-release/leaked content, such as that leaked Wolverine screener from a while back. If you stick to private trackers and content that isn't leaked, you should be perfectly fine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I should point out that the DMCA Notices came from seeding on IPT. As Rart mentioned, pre-releases should be considered a "hot potato" for the weary.

Interestingly, I had only seeded back about 50% on each of the two shows. Copyright dogs were taken off their leashes, it seems.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I should point out that the DMCA Notices came from seeding on IPT. As Rart mentioned, pre-releases should be considered a "hot potato" for the weary.

Interestingly, I had only seeded back about 50% on each of the two shows. Copyright dogs were taken off their leashes, it seems.

The 3rd and 4th episode was uploaded from IPT to Kickass by some kid. Trouble was instead of creating a new .torrent file for them he just added public trackers announces to it. Of course that even left his pass-key number in from IPT. So on public trackers both the IPT and Kickass swarms were intermingled.
    Last edited by stan; 04-25-2015 at 01:33 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

The 3rd and 4th episode was uploaded from IPT to Kickass by some kid. Trouble was instead of creating a new .torrent file for them he just added public trackers announces to it. Of course that even left his pass-key number in from IPT. So on public trackers both the IPT and Kickass swarms were intermingled.
    That seems to fit with the timing of me switching to qBitTorrent. I need to make sure I've got all of the exterior tracker settings turned off.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BTN Staff is best at hidding and lying to their members.
    They requested their best friends PTP staff 312c to delete anything regarding BTN and hide DMCA notice warnings on reddit.. They just want to hide it and are not accepting their weakness!!!

Unfortunately reddit /r/Trackers is no more a trust-worthy section but only serves interest of 2-3 torrent sites which are BTN and PTP.

Anyone who posted or opened topic that they received DMCA notice on BTN are banned from BTN site and from reddit!!!

img.png

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Its not QbitTorrent.Your IP appeared in the kickass swarm because the asshat uploader on kickass left his IPT pass key in it. It worked till IPT killed the passkey.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BTN has confirmed they were having their peers stolen and injected into public swarm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast