Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One sentence movie reviews

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm sort of surprised that someone so devoid of originality had the actual ambition to create a fake poster.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I cut the bottom of it off because I didn't think their whateveritwas deserved attention.

It is interesting, though, in that while trying to search google for "mad max furry road", I got quick screen flashes of "millennium act [blah blah]" then a jump to the "correct" fury road results. I could not opt-in to see the results I actually was looking for. Apparently, satire and misspellings are now protected against.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Maybe this will help illustrate to Shay the the difference of a letter here and there...
    As long as the fury actor got the part over the Drunk Jew Hater (and I am not talking about you Idol) , the movie has a chance for success and me viewing it....

Mad Max: Fury Road
    Short on story,long on action but generally terrific.
    Holy Dog Poop!! You actually like a movie ?? It must be good if it got your seal of approval
    Last edited by shaina; 05-22-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    As long as the fury actor got the part over the Drunk Jew Hater (and I am not talking about you Idol) ,
    It's not so much a hate as an intense dislike.

As for Fury Road it's limited in what it does but what it does do it does do very well.
    Alliteration.

Sort of a rottweiler of vehicular mayhem compared to Furious #'s ghey poodle.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-22-2015 at 05:51 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    It is holding a solid "9" on IMDB. Good news is that there is already a watchable (pretty good video quality) cam. All we need is someone to grab some line audio and sync it up.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It is holding a solid "9" on IMDB.
    In that case I'd like to amend my review and say that Fury Road is shit.

Unfortunately still unable to wrap my head around the fact that a site where the de facto "best movie ever" is Shawshank Redemption can possibly be right about anything.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Ex_Machina is a very solid film that uses its resources wisely (11 Million Lbs. )- to strengthen the story, not beat us over the head with dazzling effects.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Avengers Age of Ultron: I'm a big James Spader fan but even he isn't enough to save a movie that's more concerned with drawn out action scenes than actual plot.
    Added a lot of humour which ironically seems to have sucked a lot of the fun out of the movie.

On a side note,when did the Hulk actually ever work as a character and not simply a plot device?

Also,Thanos. Of great,another completely computer generated villain to look forward to.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Shatner would have played Ultron better. "Denny Crane. Ultron."

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Although not a movie, if the producers of Supergirl specifically set out to destroy the last forty years of the women's movement, then bravo on a job well done.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast