Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Applying to an unpaid internship position today

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    That is Bloody Hilarious Meg .... LOL!
    Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious, but there was a lesson for you in Meg's post about capitalization.
    If you're German, you get a free pass. Also, if you're German, then you must be aware of the quota set forth in the protocols created by the StaatNümberVonPeriodsInParagrafs (refer to your handbook). When communicating a point, proper grammar and formatting doesn't necessarily enhance the argument, but incorrect usage can all but wipe it completely. You need to set a higher standard for dramatic pauses. Let me also introduce you to the "em" dash.
    Alt+0151 produces —
    I totally understand wanting to play with punctuation marks, may I recommend the comma splice? It pairs well with sauvignon, blanc~ cabernet, sauvignon~ or an aged pinot, noir.
    Oh shit !!
    Please don't tell me I have another grammar policemen I have to deal with??
    I don't waste space and I get my point out , If the grammar/punctuation is off or not up to standards my apologies ....But that is just me

Edit And if I am taking this the wrong way Disregard my comments
    Last edited by shaina; 08-04-2015 at 07:47 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious
    Lets keep Idol out of things
    He gets in makes enough trouble on his own
    Last edited by shaina; 08-04-2015 at 08:04 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'm a fucking grammar god. Everyone else here is just a laminated badge carrying security guard.

If you ever find me using improper grammar, whether accidental or intentional, refer back to me being a motherfucking deity.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Blame idol for putting me in a position of addressing the obvious
    Lets keep Idol out of things
    He gets in makes enough trouble on his own
    It's my fault. I was gone for so long that Idol forgot that I'm an almost robotic genius. I have predictable patterns, but calibration is necessary due to drift.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    US Customs
    It was funny Meg on the photos you posted..
    But I can tell you when I head down to Florida every year , going through Buffalo , I never really have any problems going in or on the Canadian side coming back. And there is 3 different border crossings that are pretty much the same(just 2 can be really slow!!!)

But going through Detroit ...
    We have be pulled over more times than ever , and it doesn't matter on the time of day , they are way more strict there .
    So depending on the weather (Buffalo takes you through the mountains and can be vicious bad weather , and Detroit is usually more mild but longer by a few hours) I really don't have a choice but to go through Detroit , but I do prefer not too.

Plus I have seen cars Fully scanned with a fancy car scanner all borders have (it is a massive x-ray machine for cars) , and not just Canadians , I have seen all different plates from the US as well.
    Last edited by shaina; 08-04-2015 at 08:24 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I'm a fucking grammar god. Everyone else here is just a laminated badge carrying security guard.
    If you ever find me using improper grammar, whether accidental or intentional, refer back to me being a motherfucking deity.
    You are funny , and I will try to improve. But don't expect me to every get to your standards OK

7. Lounge   -   #57
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    It's my fault. I was gone for so long that Idol forgot that I'm an almost robotic genius. I have predictable patterns, but calibration is necessary due to drift.
    Shoot!!
    Where is that dam translator when I need him. Meg!!! Where the heck are you ??

8. Lounge   -   #58
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thank you for allowing me to practice my visual puns tonight.

You'll have to imagine this holding back water because no one has actually done braille on a dam.

BTW, it says Mary is smart and he is not shy about the fact. Like 80% of a PhD, actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Shoot!!
    Here you go:

Spoiler: Show

The spelling issue wouldn't exist if you embraced the word fuck. It's an amazing and versatile word.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    BTW, it says Mary is smart and he is not shy about the fact. Like 80% of a PhD, actually...
    People like me, by which I mean me, only say we're smart because we know we're idiots. However, fucking morons don't even know they're idiots, so we're relatively smart.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast