Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Applying to an unpaid internship position today

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it but it started to lose me around the third episode as I realized I really didn't give a fuck as to what might be happening.So I guess the answer to your question is maybe Ray Donovan if it minimizes his household problems because seriously I didn't tune in to a crime show to cry over his wife menstruating.

I like Strike Back but it was always a guilty pleasure and even at that low bar the final season was by far the worst.
    Really I don't even know what's on any more as there's way too many channels with way too few decent programs and I frankly can't be bothered to turn TV watching into some sort of time consuming pursuit to seek out what may be one good tree out of a forest of shit.

To whit, I turn the TV on and if I find there is nothing better than Dark Matter to watch then I turn it off and do something else.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I've suspected it's the old woman with the cut face who serves drinks in the bar. She looks like she's got reason for revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it
    Thems fighting words.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I didn't even hear about the second season of True Detective coming out. All I'm getting from here is that it is a major disappointment, and its quality only lasted a season.

My download speed is less than 10 Mbps up here anyway, so thanks for saving me from nightly download schedules.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Mr. Robot started out strongly even with the massive negative of Christian Slater being in it but it started to lose me around the third episode as I realized I really didn't give a fuck as to what might be happening.So I guess the answer to your question is maybe Ray Donovan if it minimizes his household problems because seriously I didn't tune in to a crime show to cry over his wife menstruating.
    I like Strike Back but it was always a guilty pleasure and even at that low bar the final season was by far the worst.
    Really I don't even know what's on any more as there's way too many channels with way too few decent programs and I frankly can't be bothered to turn TV watching into some sort of time consuming pursuit to seek out what may be one good tree out of a forest of shit.
    I have downloaded Mr.Robot(I don't mind Christian Slater, but they seem to cancel any series he is in fast) and Strike Back(all 5 seasons), Dark Matter, and they are siting on my server with the intentions of watching them sooner or later. As for Ray Donavan , I do watch that show , but I wait for a few episodes to accumulate. I just find it a easier watch that way , and I don't know how many times I have to hear his wife say "How can I help you Ray" , "I want to help you Ray" , and the answers are very consistent "No" , "Go home and take care of the kids" , "I gotta go BABS" , I think she needs to have more constructive lines. And really Ray should put his father out of his misery already , the fucking guy is so repetitive and fucking useless as tits on a bull, you just want the character to die already.
    And I can say I do like Ray's new boss Mr. Finney( Ian McShane a good actor in my opinion), him being good or bad I think he is a good new character added. And how many more episodes before Ray fucks the shit out of Katie Holmes (Paige) will be the mystery LOL!!.

And I can say honestly some of the new shows do really suck shit!!. And not being a fan of reality tv shows, it does make it worse.
    I can say some shows I do still watch, new releases and new seasons.....
    -Suits
    -Major Crimes
    -Murder in the First
    -Ballers
    -Odd Mom Out
    -The Brink
    -Zoo (just watched a few episodes so far)
    And one I am waiting for the new season is Outlander.

6. Lounge   -   #76
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I didn't even hear about the second season of True Detective coming out. All I'm getting from here is that it is a major disappointment, and its quality only lasted a season.
    My download speed is less than 10 Mbps up here anyway, so thanks for saving me from nightly download schedules.
    Even know I didn't like the second season, everyone does have there own taste in movies and tv shows. I would say sooner or later you should take a look at a few episodes , just to judge for yourself. But it is nothing like the first season that much I can tell you.

And you saying your download speed is only 10 Mbps , is that all they offer?? And there isn't multiple ISP providers to give you a choice??
    No offence , but if I had that in my house with my 3 kids here , I would have to take meds to restrain myself from killing them. Isn't that the speeds you can now get on dial up?? (really not trying to sound like a ASS!!, but it is kind of funny in a sad way, especially what todays ISP's offer at low prices or bundles).

7. Lounge   -   #77
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

And I can say honestly some of the new shows do really suck shit!!. And not being a fan of reality tv shows, it does make it worse.
    I can say some shows I do still watch, new releases and new seasons.....
    -Suits
    -Major Crimes
    -Murder in the First
    -Ballers
    -Odd Mom Out
    -The Brink
    -Zoo (just watched a few episodes so far)
    And one I am waiting for the new season is Outlander.
    I watch Murder in the First but it's not that good and basically derivative of every other cop/lawyer show ever made.
    Ballers I have already given up on as I garner no great joy in watching entitled assholes.
    The Brink is OK in a "what if someone with the talent of Adam Sandler remade Dr Strangelove" sort of way.
    Zoo I literally tuned out after three minutes mostly because the FX were among the worst ever committed to film and made Sharknado seem like fine art by comparison.
    Outlander is too Harlequin Romance for me although having a former Victoria's Secret model lead getting nude all the time comes close to making me reconsider.
    Never seen even a minute of the others.

I will note though that I find both Dark Matter and Killjoys basically unwatchable in how bad they are.I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a gun to my head could make me give either another chance.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3771268]
    -Suits
    -Major Crimes
    -Odd Mom Out
    I watch Murder in the First but it's not that good and basically derivative of every other cop/lawyer show ever made.
    Ballers I have already given up on as I garner no great joy in watching entitled assholes.
    The Brink is OK in a "what if someone with the talent of Adam Sandler remade Dr Strangelove" sort of way.
    Zoo I literally tuned out after three minutes mostly because the FX were among the worst ever committed to film and made Sharknado seem like fine art by comparison.
    Outlander is too Harlequin Romance for me although having a former Victoria's Secret model lead getting nude all the time comes close to making me reconsider.
    Never seen even a minute of the others.
    I will note though that I find both Dark Matter and Killjoys basically unwatchable in how bad they are.I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a gun to my head could make me give either another chance.
    -Murder in the First... What do you really expect and new concept of policing?? I think it is still entertaining and not saying you are wrong on what you are saying, but the actors are good in it and they do carry a show that has been done over and over again.
    -Ballers... Well it is a rich mans sport that the show is basing itself on , so you are not wrong again but it is entertaining in a partial unrealistic way. But I guarantee some of that shit really does go on.
    -The Brink ...Is really a nonsense show, but every once an while you just need that kind of humor to keep the world turning, and it is entertaining in a very dumb way. Again I don't disagree with your comments.
    -Zoo... Well I think the human zombie tv shows needed a little break, and what can they change?? "Zoo" animal zombies. And I have only watched a few episodes and it fills a spot, and if it starts to become unwatchable, I will just go back to reruns of another tv show. And Sharknado was sooo stupid it was funny!!!
    -Outlander.... Well between GOT and Vikings and this show, to me they are the same concept in different eras, and in different parts of the world. Again I didn't mind the first season (Girlie or not), the story line isn't bad and the action is pretty good.

Now the ones you haven't seen....

-Suits... Is one of the number one shows in the US, in short, it is about a guy with a photo-genic mind faked going to Harvard and gets a job at one of the most prestigious law firms. And now it is in it's 5th season, and adds different storylines to every episode.
    You should check it out...
    -Major Crimes... This is another show broadcasted in the US, and it is the continuation of The Closer (Kyra Sedgwick). When they ended The Closer, they changed the concept a little and added a few new characters, and kept it going. I really liked the Closer so this was a no brainer for me to keep watching.
    -Odd Mom Out.... Again a comedy about a couple trying to live and raise there kids with a normal life surrounded by snotty rich family members trying to change them.
    To me it is really funny and not censored for a regular tv program (Bravo), to me plays like a PPV show.

I watched the first episode of Killjoys, and I am not rushing to continue watching. But I am not saying when I am bored I won't check out a few more episodes.
    And that would be the same for Dark Matter which I have not watched at all.

Idol ....
    Have you found any more shows you would recommend yourself??
    Last edited by shaina; 08-05-2015 at 02:22 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    And you saying your download speed is only 10 Mbps , is that all they offer?? And there isn't multiple ISP providers to give you a choice??
    Firstly, the providers have gotten together only to yield an illusion of choice.

I'm not even invited to that racket. Where I am right now, the choice is between 1.5 Mbps DSL or satellite, and I have both. My biggest concern is having some kind of connection since my work relies on it.

T-mobile subscribers have a 4G tower nearby, but with them it's the 2 GB data cap.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Lounge   -   #80
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Firstly, the providers have gotten together only to yield an illusion of choice.
    I'm not even invited to that racket. Where I am right now, the choice is between 1.5 Mbps DSL or satellite, and I have both. My biggest concern is having some kind of connection since my work relies on it.
    T-mobile subscribers have a 4G tower nearby, but with them it's the 2 GB data cap.
    True on the illusion of choice, they all are pretty much the same price in Canada where I am, but even our cell phone providers do offer more data(with the extra arm and leg of course).
    But if it is Direct TV or Dish Network, I thought they are offering really good speeds now for internet connections??
    our DSL (telephone satellite)providers are up to 150Mbps here and Cable is 350Mbps(I have 250Mbps, the larger one is not available in my area yet, and 6Gb cap for cell phones, family plan shit!!). And my bloody kids bog and hog the hell out of that!!!(spoiled rotten fucks!!).
    Unless you are on Gilligan's Island, I figured the speeds are catching up everywhere(at a cost of course).

That sucks and sorry to hear they don't have anything faster to offer for you.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast